Paging thegelding

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone talk to thegelding lately? Haven't heard from him in months, and he's not replying to emails...

Anyone know what's up?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 46
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    I was wondering the same thing. I ran across him in iChat about 2 months or so ago, but that's been the last time I've heard from him.

Wife and daughters and all...a busy guy, I'm sure.

He might just be taking a break from the joint, too.

Since we're talking about this sort of thing, has anyone heard from Belle?

• Reply 2 of 46
    Last I recall, ol' G was moving into a new house. That was in late August. I haven't heard from him since either.

• Reply 3 of 46
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I dropped an e-mail to Belle months ago, but haven't heard something back. Anyone know where she is? I miss her.

I have a fear.
  • Reply 4 of 46
    Quote:

Last I recall, ol' G was moving into a new house. That was in late August. I haven't heard from him since either

Hope he didn't buy a new G5 and the damn thing blew up his new house.
  • Reply 5 of 46
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Wow. High average post count for the posters in this thread. Sorry to be pulling the average down with my presence.
  • Reply 6 of 46
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Yeah...BEAT IT, kid!
  • Reply 7 of 46
    Quote:

Yeah...BEAT IT, kid!

I thought sexual innuendo was verboten here!
  • Reply 8 of 46
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Wir können hier alles machen, also, verzieh dich!
  • Reply 9 of 46
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Speaking of absentees, I've noticed that a certain Aquafire hasn't started a thread in at least ten days. Something must definitely be amiss there too.

• Reply 10 of 46
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    I see that no one really misses my lack of posts...
  • Reply 11 of 46
    ast3r3xast3r3x Posts: 5,012member
    Quote:

Originally posted by EmAn

I see that no one really misses my lack of posts...

Well Apple's prices aren't TOO bad right now, at least better then what they used to be, so what do you have to post about

Murbot has stuck with one computer for a while...pretty boring around here
  • Reply 12 of 46
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Don't feel left out EmAn - I didn't mention you because I see you on iChat from time to time.

Just haven't heard from thegelding for a couple of months or more...

And yes, still with the same computer. I can't really believe it either!
  • Reply 13 of 46
    chinneychinney Posts: 1,019member
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

Speaking of absentees, I've noticed that a certain Aquafire hasn't started a thread in at least ten days. Something must definitely be amiss there too.

I had the feeling that Aquafire was having some problems and he did say something about sickness in his family ...hoping that all is well.

Miss The Gelding too...even after he excused himself from AO.
  • Reply 14 of 46
    trick falltrick fall Posts: 1,271member
    I was just thinking the other day that I haven't seen any posts from the gelding. Hope all is well.
  • Reply 15 of 46
    I wouldn't worry. I didn't post all summer because I was busy making money. Now I'm back at lousy school, sitting naked from the waist down (my desk is near a window) and trying to find inspiration to do this signal processing homework.
  • Reply 16 of 46
    That's just the thing, Spline. G had a wife, kids, and a steady job; yet, he was still posting here and chatting on IM very regularly.
  • Reply 17 of 46
    That would be a good hypothesis, but in truth I had just come back from the shower. And I never managed to figure out who cat daniels was/is anyway.

This summer I was working about 70 hours a week. thegelding, I don't think, works 70 hours a week normally, but maybe he has been lately to pay off some debts or something.

And trust me, when you spent 10-12 hours a day behind a computer screen, you don't want to go home and post to an online forum, or for that matter turn on the computer at all.
  • Reply 18 of 46
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    After G fled AppleOutsider I still saw him in General Discussion and Digital Hub quite a bit, but I haven't seen him in a while either. Hopefully he's just working overtime to justify getting a G5 to the wife.
  • Reply 19 of 46
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Splinemodel, so you fear the worst? He got a life?... Horrific.
  • Reply 20 of 46
    ijerryijerry Posts: 615member
    I was curious of that too...dang, talk about low post count...Anyway...G and I are hometown boys, and I went down there to hang out with family and figured I would go and have a beer with the old man, but I couldn't get a hold of him. this was about a month or so ago. So your alls guess is as good as mine, and i was in the same town as him for a week. I hope all is well with him and his family, but I thought I would pass on what i knew as well.