Final cut express

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hi I have just gotten Final cut express!

It is great but i have 2 questions:

Is there a way to inport video like in imovie(automaticly dividing it into clips) so fare I have to do this manualy in Final cut express

And wy cant I inport mp3 (AAC havent tested it...)

Thx fore your help

MAX

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    cubecube Posts: 142member
    One more here...

Shuld i get a Powermate? Is it realy usefull?

MAX
  • Reply 2 of 8
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    First of all for everyone's sake please at least try to spell things correctly and use some form of punctuation. Abbreviations and things of that nature are fine, just slow it down and take it one word at a time. Thanks!

I use FCP3 and you are able to divide into clips, but you have to realize that FCE and iMovie are two completely different apps. The FC apps are so much more powerful and capable than iMovie. You are able to select where to begin and end clips either as you import or give it beginning and end times for the clips (if you know where you want each clip to begin and end within all the footage you shot). I know this is the case for FCP3, but it may be slightly different in FCE, never having used FCE I would not consider myself knowledgeable on it. Your best bet is going to be running through the tutorial that came with it. You will have a much better understanding and will be able to make higher quality films if you know the program. Good luck.

Last, I love the powermate. Many around here don't from what I understand. I find it useful for surfing or scrubbing (if you don't know what this is, you'll learn in the FCE tutorial.) I think it's a good investment.

Hope all this helps.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Ok il try to figure it out.

Yea love scrubbing.

Thx for the help

MAX
  • Reply 4 of 8
    --------------------------------------------------

Just need a 17 powerbook now

--------------------------------------------------

MAX
  • Reply 5 of 8
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Cube

Ok il try to figure it out.

Yea love scrubbing.

Thx for the help

MAX

You've got the punctuation thing down, almost. Next, strive for the ever-illusive complete sentence. Keep working on that spelling and slowing down of the typing. I know that it sometimes travels from your brain faster than your hands can take, but work on it. People will take you more seriously and you will get better, faster responses if people don't have to translate your post, even though your writing seems to resemble some sort of english.

Don't just try to figure it out! Do the tutorial! No matter how advanced of a user you think you may be, do the Tutorial. I had been using FCP for years when I got FCP 3. I did the tutorial and learned a ton. Do it, you won't regret it.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    I strongly suggest you spednd soem time on Apple's FCE forum. You will find excellent advice from the likes of experts such as Tom Wolsky

http://discussions.info.apple.com/WebX?14@@.3bbdbd22
  • Reply 7 of 8
    I'm also a newbie to FCE, having used iMovie previously. I just bought "Final Cut Express for Mac OSX" by Lisa Brenneis, a 'Visual Quickstart Guide". So far looks pretty good. Only $21.99 and is over 500 pages long.

Thanks for the link to the FCE forums on Apple!
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Thanks fore your responce!

Im sorry for my spelling but I´m a dysletic. I have seen the turitual but I culdent find wat im looking for. Gona try that link thow.

MAX