10.3 mail.app exhange question

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Do you need to be running Exchange 2000 in order for mail.app v10.3 to work? I was quite annoyed when MS insisted that Entourage needed 2000.

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I don't think so. I see no mention of 2000 in the help file:

Quote:

An Exchange account allows you to connect to your Exchange server via IMAP, and if you enter text in the Outlook Web Access Server field, Mail filters non-email related content from the server. (You can get the text you need to enter from your mail account provider.) For Exchange to work with Mail, Exchange administrators need to configure the Exchange server for IMAP access. Some system administrators may refer to an Outlook Web Access Server as an Internet Information Services (IIS) server.

• Reply 2 of 3
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Is there any sort of Calendar (iCal) support? I hear the address book integration is pretty good.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Outsider

Is there any sort of Calendar (iCal) support? I hear the address book integration is pretty good.

On Address book --> Exchange syncing (via owa + isync):

Problem is (with all the builds I've seen)...

Address book sync with exchange ASSUMES the OWA server (outlook web access) allows HTTP access. The problem is... given the rep Exchange OWA and MS in general has... ('secure-NOT'), many places (like the one I work for) only turn on HTTPS access to the OWA server and block normal HTTP access (even when connecting locally). My guess is that it makes them feel more secure (hahahaha)

Anyway... for places that require HTTPS (only) access to the OWA server iSync can't ever make a connection to do the address book sync.

I sure hope this will be fixed in a 10.3.x release.

Dave