Vatican: condoms don't stop Aids

Comments

• Reply 261 of 345
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kirkland

America is hardly a comfy couch when you're gay. This is a horrible nation if you're different than the norm. A hateful, parochial cesspool of scum and fundamentalists. And a lot of that is because of the Catholic Church and its evil, perverted doctrines, which fly directly in the face of reality when it comes to sexuality, sexual health, reproduction and other forms of biological science.

Especially when you want to be a sexual deviant.
  • Reply 262 of 345
    Quote:

Originally posted by Harald

The Catholic Church has been wrong before.

The earth moves, as Galilleo said on his death bed.

The Catholic Church is lying when it says that condoms do not prevent AIDS, and millions would die if the advice was taken.

Why then will you not speak out about this?

Ok. Please point me to the official Catholic Doctrine that outlines that condoms do not prevent AIDS. If you can find it then I will see if I can rally support against the doctrine.
  • Reply 263 of 345
    haraldharald Posts: 2,152member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jukebox Hero

Ok. Please point me to the official Catholic Doctrine that outlines that condoms do not prevent AIDS. If you can find it then I will see if I can rally support against the doctrine.

Sure thing.

"The president of the Vatican's Pontifical Council for the Family, Cardinal Alfonso Lopez Trujillo (said): "The Aids virus is roughly 450 times smaller than the spermatozoon. The spermatozoon can easily pass through the 'net' that is formed by the condom.""

Link.
  • Reply 264 of 345
    Quote:

Sure thing.

"The president of the Vatican's Pontifical Council for the Family, Cardinal Alfonso Lopez Trujillo (said): "The Aids virus is roughly 450 times smaller than the spermatozoon. The spermatozoon can easily pass through the 'net' that is formed by the condom.""

Link.

I suppose I meant the research itself. Its going to be kind of hard to refute something without seeing it.
  • Reply 265 of 345
    I can't believe you people are dopey enough to think:

"The programme includes a Catholic nun advising her HIV-infected choir master not to use condoms with his wife because "the virus can pass through".

means:

A Catholic nun advised her HIV-infected choir master to have sex without a condom.

Thats retarded.
  • Reply 266 of 345
    Quote:

I suppose I meant the research itself. Its going to be kind of hard to refute something without seeing it.

:jawdroppingrolleyesattheunbelievablecheek:

I showed you the doctrine. Will you gather support against it?
  • Reply 267 of 345
    Quote:

Especially when you want to be a sexual deviant.

Jukebox- you're certianly taking some ad hominem attacks here yourself, but language like this is clearly meant to provoke. Could everyone try to be a little more civil before this thread flames out.

I'm still trying to get an answer to my question. How exactly does the catholic church determine that someone is a homosexual? Specifically, how would they judge one of the individuals I refered to who was born with indeterminate genitalia?
  • Reply 268 of 345
    Quote:

:jawdroppingrolleyesattheunbelievablecheek:

I showed you the doctrine. Will you gather support against it?

I had no idea that the BBC was an official governing body of the Catholic Church.. Incredible.
  • Reply 269 of 345
    Quote:

Yet you blindly place all of your trust in collection of fables.
  • Reply 270 of 345
    Quote:

I had no idea that the BBC was an official governing body of the Catholic Church.. Incredible.

Can you guess the name of the boss of the Vatican's Pontifical Council for the Family, Cardinal Alfonso Lopez Trujillo?

Does he work for the BBC or does he work for the Catholic Church?

Whose opinion was he voicing, the BBC's or the Church?

Will you gather support against this doctrine?
  • Reply 271 of 345
    Quote:

So, is it only true if it comes out in The Osservatore Romano?
  • Reply 272 of 345
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

Yet you blindly place all of your trust in collection of fables.

After spending more than a year (full time endeavor) trying to disprove anything the Catholic Church has to say, I now accept what they say without question.
  • Reply 273 of 345
    Quote:

Can you guess the name of the boss of the Vatican's Pontifical Council for the Family, Cardinal Alfonso Lopez Trujillo?

I have no evidence to fight a one line comment that is more likely to be true than false. I have not yet seen the supporting evidence. Have you?
  • Reply 274 of 345
    Quote:

Originally posted by audiopollution

So, is it only true if ....

When is the last time you saw a media report with even a shread of truth to it, on any subject? Have you ever had personal experience with the media? If you had, you would not be such a blind fool.
  • Reply 275 of 345
    Quote:

After spending more than a year (full time endeavor) trying to disprove anything the Catholic Church has to say, I now accept what they say without question.

Do you accept without question that condoms are permeable to the Human Immuno-defficiency Virus?
  • Reply 276 of 345
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    Quote:

I see it the other way around. Brothel usage dropped because permscuity became a widespread phenomenon that made brothels unnecessary.

Show it. But you can't. And if you're correct, the spread of AIDS was still reduced. Pick your poison.
  • Reply 277 of 345
    Jukebox? Helllooooo? Still waiting for an answer to my question.

Seems like a pretty basic question if you ask me. I mean, given the hell-fire consequences of homosexuality (according to the catholic church) you'd think they'd have a pretty solid definition.
  • Reply 278 of 345
    Quote:

When is the last time you saw a media report with even a shread of truth to it, on any subject? Have you ever had personal experience with the media? If you had, you would not be such a blind fool.

Excellent! Thanks for showing me that you don't in fact "accept what they say without question". If there is an inherent mistruth to every media report, obviously The Osservatore Romano isn't such a reliable source of news - and it's coming from the proverbial horses mouth.

Oh, wait, do you mean that only those media reports which don't originate from the Vatican are full of mistruths? Silly me.

"Blind fool"! That's great coming from someone who claims to believe everything the Catholic Church tells him.
  • Reply 279 of 345
    Quote:

Originally posted by Nordstrodamus

Jukebox- you're certianly taking some ad hominem attacks here yourself, but language like this is clearly meant to provoke. Could everyone try to be a little more civil before this thread flames out.

He deserved it and ya'll know it.

Quote:

I'm still trying to get an answer to my question. How exactly does the catholic church determine that someone is a homosexual? Specifically, how would they judge one of the individuals I refered to who was born with indeterminate genitalia?

The Catholic Church does not care if someone is homosexual. There is no examination that one must take to enter the church. There are merely the words of God and if you believe them you follow them and if you don't, you don't. So, for example, if you're a homosexual, you will be treated like everybody else. If you decide to challenge God's word, it is likely that the members of the church will come out against you. Its that simple. In the case where the doctor chops off the wrong set of genitalia and the child grows up to be gay, then its a tragedy proportionate to all other tragedy's that affect the core of one's lifestyle. But to then say its okay to treat sex as a mere means to pleasure is against His word.
  • Reply 280 of 345
    Quote:

Somehow I doubt he just made it up off the top of his head. I want to see the scientific research that went into that statement. I want to see notes, "I added 4 micro-grams of iodine to a saleen solution and the we repeated 650 times..." If I find that they are lying after researching the true document, and not some shock-doc designed to get viewership on BBC, I will most certainly try to gather support to discredit and reprimand all involved.