Who is still waiting for his dual G5 ?

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I am sick of wating for my dual G5, i have ordered one late july and i am still wating for it.

In september it was scheduled to be delivered september the 30 . September the 30 it was scheduled to be delivered october the 7. October the 7 th they say it was on the way for the 14. Today it's the 14 and nothing. My reseller phone directly to Apple. The answer of Apple was a simple : we can't tell you, we don't know.

****ing bastards

I have never seen a bunch of such incompetents assholes.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 48
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Is this a rant?

I said the same thing about Carville a while back and Fran441 locked me up.

• Reply 2 of 48
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Yes. Please, Powerdoc, keep the A... and F... words for yourself. Thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 48
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Is this a rant?

I said the same thing about Carville a while back and Fran441 locked me up.

No it's a cry of despair

To defiant : you should notice that my rant was made in a perfect american slang
  • Reply 4 of 48
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    One more thread like this, and you are GONE, frenchie.

• Reply 5 of 48
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    This from the guy who, in an effort to be relieved of his moderator duties, initiated the filthiest, weirdest thread I've ever had the pleasure to read.

• Reply 6 of 48
    YOU'RE ON MY LIST NOW PAUL.

heh heh
  • Reply 7 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

YOU'RE ON MY LIST NOW PAUL.

heh heh

Yes Jack Daniel Tenessee whiskey : great stuff
  • Reply 8 of 48
    Whoa, total post count of members in here is freaky high. Let's just hope that Yevgeny doesn't come in here and drag it down!

(just kidding man, just kidding)

• Reply 9 of 48
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    you're the only one still waiting Powerdoc.
  • Reply 10 of 48
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

you should notice that my rant was made in a perfect american slang

Alright, I'll give you that. BTW, I just wanted to let you know that the duals are shipping here in Switzerland? \
  • Reply 11 of 48
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I've had my dual G5 for over two weeks now.

It's very, very nice. 8)
  • Reply 12 of 48
    they call me Yevgeny Jr.
  • Reply 13 of 48
    jerombajeromba Posts: 357member
    PowerDoc...

I've ordered mine june 26 and received it october 8 !!!

The cause of the delays are not bluetooth or RAM or Radeon 9800 (very noisy) but 250 GB HD. If you CTO a Dual now and put a 250 drive, Apple need one month to make it.

My Dual... too much noise... a lot of... I've spoked to Lionel from MacBidouille to see if he has the same problems but no he don't. So I send my Dual back to an AppleCare technician ... after 2 x 1 hours of Enya...

He said to me that he will try to change the MB and if the noise don't go away, he will declared it DOA !

So do you realize that if mine is DOA, I will need to wait one MORE month ! I said to the technician that I would love to keep the drive in case of DOA but apparently I can't

If he can't repair it and If I must wait for a second Dual to come I think that maybe I will wait for Rev B !

Hoping here that your precious will be good.

Bonne merde 8)
  • Reply 14 of 48
    When I ordered my dual G5/512/160/AirPort/Bluetooth on Oct 1 from Apple, there was a lead time of 7-10 business days. It shipped yesterday (Oct 13), so it took 9 days. From all I've read in this forum, I was expecting the worst, but according to FedEx, I'll have it tomorrow! Only then will I be able to get past this love-hate relationship I've developed with this pile of PC3200 RAM on my desk!
  • Reply 15 of 48
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Whoa, total post count of members in here is freaky high. Let's just hope that Yevgeny doesn't come in here and drag it down!

(just kidding man, just kidding)

Well I'm here to raise it.
  • Reply 16 of 48
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    Hello. I went to an Apple Store in Burlingame. They had a dual G5 on display. I don't know if they had 'em in stock. I should have checked. Remember when a guy said they were in stock at an Apple Store but his order kept getting delayed? Try going to or calling a store. If they have one in stock, you could canel your order and buy that one.
  • Reply 17 of 48
    Ordered a dual 2 gig w/ bt, ae, 9800 pro, & 250 hd on October 3rd. Order status says on or before Oct. 17th. Hope so, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Reply 18 of 48
    Geez. I placed a similar order (2 x 250 HD and 1 GB RAM, tho) on 8/27 and am looking at a ship date of 10/24. What gives?
  • Reply 19 of 48
    mcqmcq Posts: 1,543member
    Quote:

Originally posted by EmAn

Well I'm here to raise it.

And everyone after you is helping to lower it.
  • Reply 20 of 48
    Well it seem i am the oldest order of dual G5 who have not shipped yet. My order was not CTO : no special HD, no bluetooth, no radeon 9800 ... no options at all.

What bring me mad, is that they refuse to give any info about the shipping date. My local reseller is not happy too : i have ordered for 15000 $ of stuff, and they can deliver it because they don't have the dual. Huge stocks are not good for busisness.

I expect that i will not recieve it the 23, one day before panther ...