Copying Outlook XP to mail

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just got my mac today. I know apple has switch mail thing up, but is there an easier way to transfer all my mail over? Id rather not have to go through .mac and stuff. Any ideas? thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by killer2239

I just got my mac today. I know apple has switch mail thing up, but is there an easier way to transfer all my mail over? Id rather not have to go through .mac and stuff. Any ideas? thanks

First, CONGRATS!!

Now, is your mail in an IMAP account or is it POP? If it's IMAP, it's easy as pie. If it's POP, you'll have to go through some machinations to get it over. Before I get into trying to explain it, tell us some more about your set up.

-p

ps - this seems like Genius Bar material.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I got the 17" powerbook. single 512ram and gonna buy another 512 stick soon. To make 1gig. I upgraded the harddrive to the 80gig 5400rpm from the 4200rpm version. Everything else is same, dvd burner ect. ect. 1.33ghz.

My email is a pop3 email. I know apple's switch tells you to run .Mac on outlook, and copy the folder over to .Mac, then open in mail and its there. But im gonna keep that email and use it. So is that easiest way to still switch it? Please let me know.

Let me know, thanks.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by killer2239

I got the 17" powerbook. single 512ram and gonna buy another 512 stick soon. To make 1gig. I upgraded the harddrive to the 80gig 5400rpm from the 4200rpm version. Everything else is same, dvd burner ect. ect. 1.33ghz.

My email is a pop3 email. I know apple's switch tells you to run .Mac on outlook, and copy the folder over to .Mac, then open in mail and its there. But im gonna keep that email and use it. So is that easiest way to still switch it? Please let me know.

Let me know, thanks.

I hadn't thought of that way of doing it. It should work just fine. And I believe there's a 60 day free trial of .mac so you can use it just for this purpose.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    I think they give 60day free trial for 2 reasons. #1 for email transfer, to help get people to switch. And 2, to get people to use it and find use for it, and buy it.