what's gonna be left for macworld in jan?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 205
    bartobarto Posts: 2,246member
    Apple resellers don't know shit.

As someone who works at one, I should know
  • Reply 22 of 205
    xypexype Posts: 672member
    iWorks? SoftImage + 3DLabs on OS X? iLife Update? 1.8, 2x 1.8, 2x 2.2 GHz G5s?

Speculation is fun.
  • Reply 23 of 205
    maybe they'll introduce a midline powermac'ish g4 to replace the old one... kind of like the headless imac hopefully, now that they got a g5 to run with in the powermacs.
  • Reply 24 of 205
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kraig911

maybe they'll introduce a midline powermac'ish g4 to replace the old one... kind of like the headless imac hopefully, now that they got a g5 to run with in the powermacs.

I rather doubt we are going to see another different product based on a G4 - I can see the iBook switching from G3, but that's about it - the future is undoubtedly the 970.
  • Reply 25 of 205
    New form factor iMacs (not completely differrent, more like when the original iMac was updated with a newer form factor). A new personal digital device. Updates to G5, Panther and some new iApps. Appleworks will be replaced with a new office suite. Quicktime 7.
  • Reply 26 of 205
    Completely redesigned iMac, Sources say.
  • Reply 27 of 205
    its already been said, but new imacs!
  • Reply 28 of 205
    rhumgodrhumgod Posts: 1,289member
    iMac replacement...hmmm could be quite different.

xServe updates to G5...gotta be soon. Clustering/Grids should be out soon enough.

New monitors....the 30" HDTV / Computer combo....should be an interesting 2004. Can't wait til Spring though.

Superbowl ad? Just hope it ain't a special anniversary thing. I think Steve learned the lesson with the 20th or the Cube. Not worth the millions spent for the ad. Stockholders would probably freak!
  • Reply 29 of 205
    jadejade Posts: 379member
    how about a new snappier ilife suite. DVD + R compatibility in iDVD.

And I really think a new budget tower for the enterprise. something maybe along the lines of a thin client that will allow corporations to utilize their existing mice, keyboard, and monitors, but implemment os x on the desktop. This will also tie in with the xserve and ibms high end unix servers. Unix on the desktop and the server. Hopefully to go with this new hardware, a huge fortune 1000 customer win to announce.

Apple has already announcesd the 1000+ university puchases (VaTech and Uni of Tokyo)

Once a large fortune 1000 customer is announced, apple will be able to get the attention og more IT dept itching to switch.

Or if the "new imac" is the right price it may fit this mold.

How about an imac with detachable/replaceable monitors.
  • Reply 30 of 205
    Hopefully iPhoto 3. My iPhoto library has gotten to the point where it's so slow that I can barely use it. I have about 3 Gb worth of photos, which I don't think is that uncommon. And, they need a command to delete photos from the library that aren't in any albums. That would help slim things down.
  • Reply 31 of 205
    cubistcubist Posts: 954member
    iPhoto has an empty trash feature, but I haven't used it. I think iPhoto is in need of a lot of work. Maybe the photo library could be displayed like iTunes' music library, without thumbnails. That said, I don't think it's that high of a priority at Apple, altho it should be. iPhoto is good enough, and has little or no competition.

I expect to see a cheaper LCD iMac intro'd at MWSF (plastic arm?) and the eMac discontinued a few months later. A 12" or 14" iMac, perhaps?
  • Reply 32 of 205
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:

Originally posted by cubist

I expect to see a cheaper LCD iMac intro'd at MWSF (plastic arm?) and the eMac discontinued a few months later. A 12" or 14" iMac, perhaps?

Good lord, you can't be serious!

A plastic arm? A 12 for 14" screen? That's called an ibook.
  • Reply 33 of 205
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flounder

Good lord, you can't be serious!

A plastic arm? A 12 for 14" screen? That's called an ibook.

imac 2: pocket size with a 10" foldable widescreen screen with 1280 x 1024 resolution. (But i did see a 14" LCD on display a few weeks ago)
  • Reply 34 of 205
    k_munick_munic Posts: 357member
    allmighty steve's keynotes are allways very structered: what was, what is, what will be (the one more thing).

in jan04 he can say, 03 WAS the year of the laptop, of panther, of ITMS 2.gen...- very successful, fmpov.-

and:

keynotes are not for "minor" changes as speed bumps etc. but what should need a major change? ... just the imacs, don't they?

so, if 03 was the year of laptops, then 04 is ... absolutley NO idea!

digital hub? isn't it old fashioned? are idevices not lastyears models?

software? ok, iMovie is a mess, still no i"word" - but this is all "maintanance", eccept, the word-processor has some features, nobody would dare to think of...

are you shure, the 20th anni is not a thing to celebrate? i do still dream of a little apple machine, big enough to put cds/dvds in, to stream via airport some audiosignals to very tiny adaptors into my househould's soundssystems and do some tv-recordings...- Cube64 (=4x4x4), plug&play...-

is 3D visualisation a thing, the "minority report input" thing? would look crazy, everybody moves like Karajan in an office. - but 25 years ago, i couldn't imagine, everybody is running around in public with headphones on his heads! 3Dgoggles???? no, still scifi.

• Reply 35 of 205
    tomktomk Posts: 13member
    maybe something like this nice box?

Asus DigiMatrix
  • Reply 36 of 205
    Quote:

Originally posted by whoami

it seems like everything has already recieved substantial updates or will between now and then......what's in the grapevine for macworld?

I think the rumored speed increases for the PowerMacs are almost certain. We "might" see a new iMac by then.

Apple really can't afford to hold the new iBooks and eMacs until next year.

Given Apple's history, we may see a surprise in 2004 ... something most people won't expect but that will change the Apple lineup considerably. That surprise may just be a completely redesigned iMac, or it may be something else. In any case, I strongly suspect that Apple is going to do something to shake up things in 2004 ... but I doubt we'll see something groundbreaking by January.
  • Reply 37 of 205
    Quote:

Originally posted by Brad

In case you didn't notice the death of the summer MacWorld, it would appear that Apple has finally wised up and started announcing things when they are ready (or near-ready) rather than wait around for these biannual geek get-togethers. I expect Apple's role in future MacWorld events to be reduced dramatically as well.

Ehrm.... 4 months for the G5, is that annoucing when ready?

Quote:

Originally posted by CubeDude

Jobs already said he hates TV.

How does he watch his pr0n DVD's then?
  • Reply 38 of 205
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Apple won't carry 4 LCDs. Notice they dropped the 15" when they added the 20"? If they add a 30" (highly doubt it) they would drop the 17".
  • Reply 39 of 205
    or maybe they will drop the 20" 17" is a good entry level lcd, and that is still necessary. I hope new minitors eliminate ADC, or come withADC to DVI adapters. (recruit PC users with less work)
  • Reply 40 of 205
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Maybe Steve and Phil can perform an updated "who's on first?" routine for an hour or so?

Now THAT would be a Macworld!