Appleworks file translation issue

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
can someone help me? I have been using the newest version of Appleworks, 6.2.7 without incident until yesterday. Now when I try to "save as" the option to save as MS Word 97-2000 is missing...

I can still save as MS Word 6 for Mac, but that's about as usefull as a collander on a sinking ship.

Any idea how this might have happened, and more importantly, any idea how I might fix it? I tried rerunning the updater, but because I already have the newest version installed, it won't run.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BigMcLargehuge

can someone help me? I have been using the newest version of Appleworks, 6.2.7 without incident until yesterday. Now when I try to "save as" the option to save as MS Word 97-2000 is missing...

I can still save as MS Word 6 for Mac, but that's about as usefull as a collander on a sinking ship.

Any idea how this might have happened, and more importantly, any idea how I might fix it? I tried rerunning the updater, but because I already have the newest version installed, it won't run.

Thanks in advance.

Since the newest Word can read Word 6 files, I think that your situation is not as dire as you make it out to be.