Powerbook 15" owners, is your computer "comfortable?"

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
All right, an odd title, I know, let me explain:

I remain torn between the new 12" and 15" Powerbooks as my next purchase, and the reasons are varied. The one I'm focussing on in this thread ? and it's aimed specifically at current 15" owners ? is how physically comfortable a laptop is the 15" to use? I'm not talking about using it at a desk or a table, I'm talking about curled up in bed or stretched out on the couch or on a park bench with the Powerbook resting on ones lap or propped up on their thighs, does the 15" feel natural and comfortable to use that way?

In the past I've used an old Powerbook 2300c, roughly the same size as a 12," and I loved the fact that I could sit in any old non-workstation way and it felt utterly natural to work on, and I worry that a 15" might be too cumbersome in the same situation.

I love the compactness of the 12" but prefer the screen quality and size of the 15." With physical ergonomics in mind, how are you 15" owners getting by?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Good question! My mom is debating between the 12" and 15" herself.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    i find the TiBook very comfortable and I personally wouldnt think the 12 inch would be too comfortable for me. too small

15 inch spans my lap well enough to keep balanced and such
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by C-Bear

All right, an odd title, I know, let me explain:

I remain torn between the new 12" and 15" Powerbooks as my next purchase, and the reasons are varied. The one I'm focussing on in this thread ? and it's aimed specifically at current 15" owners ? is how physically comfortable a laptop is the 15" to use? I'm not talking about using it at a desk or a table, I'm talking about curled up in bed or stretched out on the couch or on a park bench with the Powerbook resting on ones lap or propped up on their thighs, does the 15" feel natural and comfortable to use that way?

<snip>.

I love the compactness of the 12" but prefer the screen quality and size of the 15." With physical ergonomics in mind, how are you 15" owners getting by?

Hearty recommendation for the 15" from a former PB 2400 and current 12" PB owner. It's totally comfortab. The weight increase over the 12" is slight. And am spoiled enough to the wider display it'll replace my 12" PB on trips. Had to buy a new sleeve. That's the only down side. BTW no white spots nor noise emanating from the display.