ThinkSecret gets a bit uglier...

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 34
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    The G5 background is not only ugly but it is improperly tiled too.
  • Reply 22 of 34
    well..some people love it..

Topic: Like the new layout

again.. what were they thinking?
  • Reply 23 of 34
    voxappsvoxapps Posts: 236member
    They should've added a Flash cheese ball that you can "grate" over the sidebar while you're reading.
  • Reply 24 of 34
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    jebus! i just went there and left screaming. want somethign worse? look at it on an older lcd and scroll...

seriously, did they not test this design first? if you're so all fired up abou using the G5 look for your site, then at least make them hole a-bigger, so the moire patterns aren't nearly as bad.

gah!

• Reply 25 of 34
    low-filow-fi Posts: 357member
    Notch another for the "seeing my optician tomorrow"
  • Reply 26 of 34
    Guys... if you look under the ads to the right there is a background switcher... metalic, black, and three flavers of G5.
  • Reply 27 of 34
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    For gods sake, center the frickin' thing. Take a look at MacMinute. It's so annoying that it's centered left...
  • Reply 28 of 34
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

Guys... if you look under the ads to the right there is a background switcher... metalic, black, and three flavers of G5.

I couldn't look at the site long enough to locate the thing. Sensible defaults are more important than available options.
  • Reply 29 of 34
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    Quote:

Originally posted by \\/\\/ickes

\\/\\/ickes, if you notice, the three different 'holes" variants are only slightly different in terms of brightness/contrast, meanign they really don't fix the problem of an incredible distracting, moire-inducing background.

plus, the background switcher is located too far down and blends in too well to really be called an effective tool for user modification.i would have never seen it if someone hadn't mentioned it.

all in all, this design = not good.
  • Reply 30 of 34
    bodhibodhi Posts: 1,424member
    It's that far down to get you to look at all the ads...
  • Reply 31 of 34
    Once you hit the color to black its not so bad.
  • Reply 32 of 34
    Quote:

Originally posted by Bodhi

It's that far down to get you to look at all the ads...

If that was the method to there madness then this is a sad day indeed...
  • Reply 33 of 34
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    one word...OUCH.
  • Reply 34 of 34
    escherescher Posts: 1,811member
    Brushed metal sucks ass! The thought that the Finder in Panther will be all brushed metal with no option to revert to Aqua makes me cringe. If it weren't for the Unsanity hack that will let me revert Panther to Aqua, I'd be sticking with 10.2.

With Think Secret at least there's an option to set the cheese-grater background to something smoother like black or gray. All you have to do is click on the color/pattern of your choice on the lower right side of the TS main page, and a cookie will remember your preference. As for the brushed metal main window, it's still ugly as sin.

Brushed metal is like the plague! I wish that whoever came up with the brushed metal GUI would [censored].

Escher [shivers]