Chances of Dual G5 Powerbook in Jan

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
So what are the chances? I've heard alot of speculations in various threads, but what are the actual chances of PB getting the dual G5's by Macworld(?) in January?...at best slim?

Maciek

Comments

• Reply 1 of 39
    johnqjohnq Posts: 2,763member
    Huh?

I can't tell if you are serious or joking or pardon me, trolling.

- (Did you mean desktops?) Dual G5 desktops are out right now.

- "Dual G5 Powerbooks" are someone's sick joke.

- Single CPU G5 Powerbooks I have no info to suggest this will be possible by January. I wish, but I doubt it. But I haven't kicked around the rumor forums much lately so maybe there's been some rapid progress.
  • Reply 2 of 39
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
  • Reply 3 of 39
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    About the same chance as a celluloid dog would have of chasing an asbestos cat through hell.

G5 PowerBooks won't be out until fall of 2004 at the earliest, and those would be single processor ones. This is a 0% chance.
  • Reply 4 of 39
    jobjob Posts: 420member
    Let's see, I don't see any pigs flying outside my window and I'm pretty sure Hell is still hot...so to answer your question...PB's won't be getting dual G5s anytime soon.

But hey, we can dream can't we?

• Reply 5 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by job

Let's see, I don't see any pigs flying outside my window and I'm pretty sure Hell is still hot...so to answer your question...PB's won't be getting dual G5s anytime soon.

Didn't hell freeze over last week?
  • Reply 6 of 39
    resres Posts: 711member
    I really wish we could get dual G5 powerbooks, but the chip is too hot, and the heat sink too big.

We probably won't get a single G5 powerbook until sometime next year after they go to a 9nm process.

Now, if they manage to go down to a 6nm process it might be possible to squeeze in a second processor, but I would not count on it. (Hey, I can dream, can't I?)
  • Reply 7 of 39
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Sh0eWax

So what are the chances? I've heard alot of speculations in various threads, but what are the actual chances of PB getting the dual G5's by Macworld(?) in January?...at best slim?

Actually, quite possible; you know, a special ice-edition for those poor researchers working in Antarctica...

Sorry, couldn't resist.
  • Reply 8 of 39
    Quote:

Maciek

only in some parallel dimension. unless you meant 2006.

at best none.
  • Reply 9 of 39
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

So what are the chances? I've heard alot of speculations in various threads, but what are the actual chances of PB getting the dual G5's by Macworld(?) in January

Of what year?
  • Reply 10 of 39
    big macbig mac Posts: 480member
    I'm surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet. It's about as useful as tits on a boar.
  • Reply 11 of 39
  • Reply 12 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by Res

I really wish we could get dual G5 powerbooks, but the chip is too hot, and the heat sink too big.

We probably won't get a single G5 powerbook until sometime next year after they go to a 9nm process.

Now, if they manage to go down to a 6nm process it might be possible to squeeze in a second processor, but I would not count on it. (Hey, I can dream, can't I?)

Well, at 6nm, I bet they very well could manage a dual G5 PB.

But it is a ways from 90nm to 6nm.

• Reply 13 of 39
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Not this coming January, but the next January, MAYBE, but still doubtful.
  • Reply 14 of 39
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    You are never going to get dual CPUs in a laptop, let alone dual G5s in a laptop let alone Dual G5's by this coming January in a PB. It is NOT going to happen

Whoever told you this is smoking cheap crack.
  • Reply 15 of 39
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Well as Some Apple official said you can handle easily a G5 tower ...
  • Reply 16 of 39
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    /me wonders if FH is any better these days

/me wanders in, clicks on first topic

/me deletes AI from bookmarks
  • Reply 17 of 39
    What are you drunk? No not happening.
  • Reply 18 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

/me wonders if FH is any better these days

/me wanders in, clicks on first topic

Nonsense. This thread is both educational and entertaining.

We are educating whateverhisnamewas about how there will be no dual G5 PBs while at the same time putting on a show for all those who visit. I think I'll call this Clue for a confused user.
  • Reply 19 of 39
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

You use bookmarks? I just remember URL's. I don't trust those new fangled bookmarks.
  • Reply 20 of 39
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    How about getting a single processor G5 into a PowerBook first?