G4 iBooks?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Link

Apple Store UK is down.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    Uk, Germany, France, Finland, Italy etc. Seems a strange time to be taking the store down..\
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Sorry, hadn't read the article. I'm sure there are loads of students out there who would benefit greatly from lower priced portable Apples with a G4 under the hood (for those who couldn't afford an albook). I just find it hard to believe that Apple would have all portables, from the lowest end consumer line ibook up to the most expensive professional 17in powerbook, using a G4.

They might, stranger things have happened, but i think we'd have seen this one coming if it was this major.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by UkNeedsApple

Sorry, hadn't read the article. I'm sure there are loads of students out there who would benefit greatly from lower priced portable Apples with a G4 under the hood (for those who couldn't afford an albook). I just find it hard to believe that Apple would have all portables, from the lowest end consumer line ibook up to the most expensive professional 17in powerbook, using a G4.

They might, stranger things have happened, but i think we'd have seen this one coming if it was this major.

yep
  • Reply 4 of 11
    guarthoguartho Posts: 1,208member
    I for one am trying hard not to believe G4 iBooks. That would be too sweet. I hope I'm wrong though. I also hope that it's an iBook announcement so I can finalize my December laptop buying plans.

How long does the store usually stay down when they introduce a new product? I'm usually not up when it is down.
  • Reply 5 of 11
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    Pray for a widescreen cinema edition iBook -- now that -- that would be cool
  • Reply 6 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by DHagan4755

Pray for a widescreen cinema edition iBook -- now that -- that would be cool

• Reply 7 of 11
    Yes! I've been drooling over Pscates's mock-up for a few weeks now. Mentally that is... It's not like I sit in front of my monitor, zooming in and memorizing every subtle, elegant curve... every tender key that longs for my gentle touch... er... uh... I have to go now.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by Alpha Mac

Dude! That's the monkey from the original LucasArts game Secret of Monkey Island!
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Well i'm man enough to admit when i was wrong. I guess Apple do want to have everything from the cheapest iBook to the most expensive powerbook at G4. They're being sneaky little monkeys this year....the iPod update took me by suprise too...
  • Reply 10 of 11
    G4 iBook indeed.

800mhz - 1Ghz

DDR 266 memory
  • Reply 11 of 11
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    New iBooks with G4s have been announced.

800 MHz, 933 MHz, 1 GHz.

All have Radeon 9200 w/32 MB VRAM

All have 256 MB DDR266 SDRAM

All have Combo Drives

Panther preloaded