Who is still waiting for his dual G5 ?

Comments

• Reply 21 of 48
    Well after Apple running my credit card THREE times now, and still not giving me a date for my CTO Dual with BT and 9800 I just got the dreaded "date has changed" email.

My system was to ship today (10/14) now it has slipped to 10/24. It seems that some people who have been waiting for some time will continue to wait while others will get their systems within days of ordering them. I don't get it.

I even went into an actual Apple Store and ordered my system to get the Apple Pro card. I hoped that by going directly to Apple for the CTO order that it might get to me when they said it would. I guess I was to optimistic about that one.

AHHHH!

Apple please fix your fulfillment system!!! If you want switchers then this is not the way to treat people! This is hard to take even for some one who has been using Apple systems sense the days of the Apple Plus.

- G in the S
  • Reply 22 of 48
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by G in the S

Well after Apple running my credit card THREE times now, and still not giving me a date for my CTO Dual with BT and 9800 I just got the dreaded "date has changed" email.

My system was to ship today (10/14) now it has slipped to 10/24. It seems that some people who have been waiting for some time will continue to wait while others will get their systems within days of ordering them. I don't get it.

I even went into an actual Apple Store and ordered my system to get the Apple Pro card. I hoped that by going directly to Apple for the CTO order that it might get to me when they said it would. I guess I was to optimistic about that one.

AHHHH!

Apple please fix your fulfillment system!!! If you want switchers then this is not the way to treat people! This is hard to take even for some one who has been using Apple systems sense the days of the Apple Plus.

- G in the S

I am sorry to heard that. But if it's release the 10/24 then you may have panther inside.

Personally i will not be bothered too much to wait ten more days, if my dual is shipped with panther.
  • Reply 23 of 48
    msanttimsantti Posts: 1,377member
    Got my dualie at the Apple store here in Houston 2 weeks ago.

• Reply 24 of 48
    Here some news about my dual.

My reseller called Apple directly , the group of reseller ordered more than 400 dual, and they recieved none of them. Yes none. Zero nothing.

The apple employee tall my reseller if they are planning to recieve some the next week : the employee told him that 30 are coming next week, and another 50 one week later. For the missing 320 dual : no answer.

so i have one chance out of 5 to recieve my dual before november.

My apple reseller was so annoyed by Apple, that he gave me the phone number of the Apple employee directly. "it's time for Apple to deal directly with their customers" he said " i can't do anything more".
  • Reply 25 of 48
    Update on my order:

On October 3rd I ordered a Dual 2 Gig with Radeon 9800 Pro, 250 HD, BT, AE. Said it was to ship on or before Oct 17th, got an email yesterday (17th) saying it was bumped to on or before Oct. 29th.
  • Reply 26 of 48
    regreg Posts: 832member
    I was in our local reseller today, MBS, and they recieved alot of BTO duals yesterday. There was 20 stacked in the front of the store. We got ours in an earlier delievery. 160 HD and just about everything else except memory. Hopefully you will get yours soon so they can make the 17 pb G5 that I want.

reg
  • Reply 27 of 48
    mystmyst Posts: 112member
    I orderd my Dual G5 (BTO: Airport Extreme, ComboDrive) on August 20th. I got it on September 31st...

Not to mention I'm in Canada. Good job on that order...
  • Reply 28 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Myst

I orderd my Dual G5 (BTO: Airport Extreme, ComboDrive) on August 20th. I got it on September 31st...

Not to mention I'm in Canada. Good job on that order...

Damn Canuck ...
  • Reply 29 of 48
    I am still waiting. G5 dual 2.0, one 250GB drive and the 9800.

Does anyone know who makes the 250GB drives? Is it Maxtor or Hitachi?
  • Reply 30 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by aircft.sys.spec.

I am still waiting. G5 dual 2.0, one 250GB drive and the 9800.

Does anyone know who makes the 250GB drives? Is it Maxtor or Hitachi?

When did you order yours? I to ordered mine with the 250 HD and mine has been bumped. (see above)

A good friend of mine ordered his a week and a half later than I did (CTO) but with the 160 HD and his was shipped yesterday (20th).

• Reply 31 of 48
    chris vchris v Posts: 460member
    Powerdoc-- where are you? All the retailers in Austin have dual 2 gigs sitting on the floor. Can't you cancel your order and just go pick one up somewhere?

CV
  • Reply 32 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by chris v

Powerdoc-- where are you? All the retailers in Austin have dual 2 gigs sitting on the floor. Can't you cancel your order and just go pick one up somewhere?

CV

I am here, unfortunately i live in Europe, and retailers in France are not full of dual, in that case i will cancel my order (my reseller told me to do so, if i finded a dual somewhere).

The macs are more expansive in Europe (and it's not fair according to the CIO of la CIE), and ship badly.

If i could i will order one in US, but it's not possible due to the taxes ...

I expect it that my dual will be on the way for the 24 with panther inside.
  • Reply 33 of 48
    And still waiting...

• Reply 34 of 48
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Here in Western Canada.....the Dual G5s are "plenty"
  • Reply 35 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

Here in Western Canada.....the Dual G5s are "plenty"

No more dual for me : still waiting. Today after have calling my reseller for the hundreth time he tell me that he have contacted an Apple France executive : this people said that they managed to have a mac on the way for me. He was supposed to phone me today for a confirmation : nothing occured ...

This is really starting to be annoying.
  • Reply 36 of 48
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i could have bought you one and shipped it over via sea turtle by now.

• Reply 37 of 48
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Hey, did LoCash make that?

• Reply 38 of 48
    Pay attention to the problems that Apple is having with their G5s already!!!!!!

There appears to be a problem with the fans and some of the drives.

Check out Apple.com under the discussions, Macworld.com, and Macobserver.com. They all list quality control issues for the new G5s and the Powerbooks. Which I am having prolems with that Apple refuses to accept and repair.

This may be the reason for the delay in the G5s recently.

cheers
  • Reply 39 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

i could have bought you one and shipped it over via sea turtle by now.

It's a good idea, but the problems is that Apple France ship his G5 via snails : the problem is that the conveyors are eaten before they arrive to my home ...
  • Reply 40 of 48
    jerombajeromba Posts: 357member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

It's a good idea, but the problems is that Apple France ship his G5 via snails : the problem is that the conveyors are eaten before they arrive to my home ...

Powerdoc... here in Belgium - I've ordered on June 26.

My first Dual G5 was sent to me on october 8 and DOA on october 15, because of too much noise.

This config was : 9800 + Bluetooth + 250 Gb HD + 1 GB RAM

I have received my SECOND Dual (same config of course) 2 days ago ! -> October 27 !

Bizarre ton histoire...