It's here phvckers!!!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Take a look!

LINKAGE!

Does this mean a G5 Powerbook is not too far behind?

Edit: oops, someone move me to Future HW.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Matsu

Take a look!

LINKAGE!

Does this mean a G5 Powerbook is not too far behind!

door: KNOCK KNOCK

Matsu: who's there?

door: 8 HOURS AGO!!!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    oh man, one of the old timers too. (scroll challenged)
  • Reply 3 of 6
    matsumatsu Posts: 6,558member
    Hey, listen, you're here to read my enlightening posts, not the other way around. HAHAHA!!! but seriously, where does this leave the prospect of G5 Powerbooks!

I think Apple realized they had no choice. The G3 was going nowhere fast, as I noted many many times, and they couldn't just let the iBook languish. So, in that light I think it mightn't point to any PB updates, but by the same token, what's the longest that the PB and the iBook have overlapped?

I think we'll have G5 laptops by summertime!
  • Reply 4 of 6
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

...what's the longest that the PB and the iBook have overlapped?

Well iBook was introduced on 7/21/99 and the PowerBook G4 was introduced on 1/09/01. That's almost exactly a year and a half of G3 PB and iB coexistence buddy!

Buck up, there's a new South park on tonight.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    gargar Posts: 1,201member
    Quote:

Hey, listen, you're here to read my enlightening posts, not the other way around. HAHAHA!!! but seriously, where does this leave the prospect of G5 Powerbooks!

I think Apple realized they had no choice. The G3 was going nowhere fast, as I noted many many times, and they couldn't just let the iBook languish. So, in that light I think it mightn't point to any PB updates, but by the same token, what's the longest that the PB and the iBook have overlapped?

I think we'll have G5 laptops by summertime!

okay matsu, although your prediction about a more 14" oriented ibook line was right... and this last shot of you would probally be correct too, your in current hardware now...

so what about the price of these new baby's?
  • Reply 6 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    OH MY GOD THIS WILL BE SWEET I HAVE WAITED LONG FOR THIS CHANCE MATSU MY HAND IS TREMBLING SOON THE THREAD WILL BE LOCKED OH YES THIS IS GOING TO BE SO SWEET.

(continue in the G4 iBook thread here, or start a G5 PB thread in FH if you like)

***CLICK REALLY HARD WITH TWO HANDS***

LOCK