Crystal Clear Promotion rumor laid to rest?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
With all of this speculation that Apple will not release Power Macs at MWNY because of the recent promotion I have decided to look into Apple policy. In doing so I have found some interesting tid bits that may lend the possibility that Apple will in fact release new Power Macs at this MWNY.

<a href="http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/salespolicies.html#Other Terms and Condition s" target="_blank">http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/salespolicies.html#Other Terms and Condition s</a>

From that page on the very bottom under the section "Other Terms and Conditions" I found this,

"Apple reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of sale at the Apple Store at any time."

This means that Apple can cancel the promotion at any time that they so chose. Good news?

[ 07-14-2002: Message edited by: MafiaMac ]

[edit: unfortunate spelling mistake in title -J]

[ 07-14-2002: Message edited by: Jonathan ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    cobracobra Posts: 253member
    Thats pretty standard fare when it comes to promotions, rebates, and pricing.

Try again.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    qaziiqazii Posts: 305member
    They always say this, so people can't sue them if they decide to modify or remove the promotion, as they have done previously with similar promotions (which have also included this disclaimer).
  • Reply 3 of 5
    mafiamacmafiamac Posts: 66member
    This does mean that Apple can take the promotion away during the Apple Online Store update that follows MWNY, am i correct? It is just a thought.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    firelarkfirelark Posts: 57member
    I think if the No-PM-@-MWNY rumor is based upon the Crystal Clear promotion, the rumor has no base.

Also, if there are no qualifying products after July 17 the promotion will either come to a natural end or there will be other qualified products. Anyway I think even if there will be new PM at MWNY at least the dual 1ghz will still be available wich would continue to the promotion.

QUALIFYING PRODUCTS

Apple Power Mac G4 computers:

M8705LL/AÂ*Â*Power Mac G4 (800Mhz)

M8666LL/AÂ*Â*Power Mac G4 (933Mhz)

M8667LL/AÂ*Â*Power Mac G4 (Dual 1Ghz)

Z058Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Â*Power Mac G4 (Configure-to-order)

Also why would there be a "special event" for the new powermacs? If there aint no G5 or anything there about there wouldnt be such a big upgrade and no reason for any "special event".

I dont think apple planted this rumor but there probably is someone out there who is enjoying that his rumor stird up so much emotions.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    junkyard dawgjunkyard dawg Posts: 2,801member
    They use the disclaimer because the promo is designed to clear out inventory. The length of the promo is simply an indication of how long Apple thinks they need to clear inventory. If their stock runs out sooner, then the promo ends earlier.

It's just a way to make sure they don't get caught with their pants down and are forced to sell a new model at promo prices.