Audio CD Copier

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I know you can do this in iTunes and I know you can do it with Toast but I really want a FREE (or relatively cheap) app that will just let me copy an audio cd without having to import it (into iTunes) and then burn it. Just one click.

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    Griffin makes a program called Final Vinyl that may be what you're looking for. I don't know how it breaks up tracks and so on, but it starts off as AIFF.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    I think Firestarter FX does that for free.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
  • Reply 4 of 15
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Or you could use...The Finder!
  • Reply 5 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by shagstlm

I know you can do this in iTunes and I know you can do it with Toast but I really want a FREE (or relatively cheap) app that will just let me copy an audio cd without having to import it (into iTunes) and then burn it. Just one click.

Thanks

Why not just make a disk image of the cd? then burn the disk image?(IE use built in mac osx software)
  • Reply 6 of 15
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Quote:

Originally posted by The General

Why not just make a disk image of the cd? then burn the disk image?(IE use built in mac osx software)

That would be the most convenient methid. I'm a dmg activist.

SO open disk copy, make an image, and then burn the image.

And if you have two drives, you can use Carbon Copy Cloner.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

That would be the most convenient methid. I'm a dmg activist.

SO open disk copy, make an image, and then burn the image.

And if you have two drives, you can use Carbon Copy Cloner.

thanks...before now for some reason os x would not let me copy a cd using disk copy...i kept giving me errors. I tried it again and it worked great....thanks

chris

thought that i had it solved but after i burned the image and went to put it in my cd player nothing...it had burned but had no audio. This is the same problem as before....all i did was drag the image onto the disk copy window...after it finished i said burn image...it burned the image and left me with the blank disc that i referred to earlier. dont know what im doing wrong...i tried a couple others and they didn't work either...help
  • Reply 8 of 15
    placeboplacebo Posts: 5,767member
    Just use iTunes, then.
  • Reply 9 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Placebo

Just use iTunes, then.

apparently you dont understand...i want something easier that makes direct copies...exaclty how the cd sounds. ie if the cd is continuous while some tracks are separate. Thanks for your help but i guess there isnt anything.
  • Reply 10 of 15
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    You can make sure the tracks stay joined by encoding the CD in AIFF format. It's in the "Encoding" section of the preferences. AIFF is uncompressed CD audio (no gaps). Then just burn the AIFFs to a CD and delete them from your computer (they take lots of room).
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Quote:

apparently you dont understand...i want something easier that makes direct copies...exaclty how the cd sounds. ie if the cd is continuous while some tracks are separate. Thanks for your help but i guess there isnt anything.

First, it sounds like your asking for help with Piracy.

You'll get little sympathy or support for whining that you can't rip somebody off for free.

iTunes is free. iTunes preferences can remove gap.

Disk Copy is free and burns flawless copies in less than 5 clicks.

Is that too many clicks? Don't be a wuss.

Toast is inexpensive and is sold to address almost any burning need.

You're beefing that Apple doesn't include a one-click Piracy button just for Audio CDs?

Secondly, it might be possible that the reason your rip was unsuccessful was copy protection.

<if this solely applies to noncommercial work or your own content, sorry, but the bootleg-sense is tingling>

Thirdly, if Apple made it that easy or so obviously single use, they'd get sued.

(Disk copy and iTunes have other legal uses, including mixed CDs of tunes you own)

Outright duplication of copyrighted work is usually explicitly prohibited.

meh. it's late. me grumpy.
  • Reply 12 of 15
    first of all...im not going to argue with you...second of all im not supporting piracy...it is still legal to make a copy for yourself...third i know i can do it in itunes i was just trying to see what other people did...fourth i use disc copy all of the time to copy MY home dvds etc.

so please dont lecture me....
  • Reply 13 of 15
    cowerdcowerd Posts: 579member
    Quote:

First, it sounds like your asking for help with Piracy.

Fair use, law boy.
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Quote:

thought that i had it solved but after i burned the image and went to put it in my cd player nothing...it had burned but had no audio. This is the same problem as before....all i did was drag the image onto the disk copy window...after it finished i said burn image...it burned the image and left me with the blank disc that i referred to earlier. dont know what im doing wrong...i tried a couple others and they didn't work either...help

that wont work you are just making a data cd with aiff files on it. I would have instead gone into the disk util, and told it to make a disk image from source, and choose the cd drive as source. once done, put in blank, and burn the disk image to the blank
  • Reply 15 of 15
    thanks for actually responding to my question instead of telling me why i shouldnt do it...I'll try it later but it should work by the sound of it...thanks!!!