iPod alert message

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
The last update for the iPod must have included a timer. When I plugged my iPod into be charged this morning I got a message on it, "Alert, Panther is here" Steve Jobs must be the smartest human in the world. Poll: Has anyone else seen this message?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    wjmoorewjmoore Posts: 210member
    Are you serious? You sure you didn't set a reminder in iCal and then synced your iPod using iSync?
  • Reply 2 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by WJMoore

Are you serious? You sure you didn't set a reminder in iCal and then synced your iPod using iSync?

No way man, in fact I haven't synced my iPod for several days now. I set no reminder and I don't use iCal. I just plugged it in to be recharged, not to my computer mind you just to the firewire adapter.
  • Reply 3 of 11
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    I plugged it in and didn't see anything.\ II feel I'm missing out on something cool.
  • Reply 4 of 11
    Wow. Did you get the animation, too?
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Moving to Digital Hub.
  • Reply 6 of 11
    lol umm.... i'll keep an eye out for it, but i really do think its an iCal thing--it couldve been from a long time ago (well, not too long, but still)
  • Reply 7 of 11
    i Must say I am sorry for this post, I just found out that my husband put the alarm on my iPod, and didn't tell me. He has now made me the laughing stock of Apple Insider. Please forgive this terrible error but be happy that big brother is not really watching.

Please consider this error as one that screams NEWBIE and don't hate me.
  • Reply 8 of 11
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    Oh you have a long way to do before you become the laughing stock of this place. That's a hard earned place of privilege here.
  • Reply 9 of 11
    Quote:

Originally posted by elsie432

i Must say I am sorry for this post, I just found out that my husband put the alarm on my iPod, and didn't tell me. He has now made me the laughing stock of Apple Insider. Please forgive this terrible error but be happy that big brother is not really watching.

Aw, shucks. too bad you fessed up so early. We really could have had them going for a while. Next time you get played like that try to hold off on coming clean to see how many AI'ers you can get to believe you. It's so much fun.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Quote:

He has now made me the laughing stock of Apple Insider.

As my grandmother always says, nuts for the nutty. That's not very far to fall when you think about it.
  • Reply 11 of 11
    Quote:

We wont scream newbie.. BUT WE WILL STILL HATE YOU!