I love my 17" PB!!

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
With so much negativity regarding powerbooks in these forums, how 'bout one that praises? I have had this 1ghz PB since Sept. 11 '03. No problems whatsoever. I am a photographer and webdesigner and use this thing about 10 hrs a day. I love it. Fast, portable, thin...what more could a person want? How about some love for these brilliant machienes for F#*CKS SAKE!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 28
    philbyphilby Posts: 124member
    Quote:

Originally posted by thedustin

With so much negativity regarding powerbooks in these forums, how 'bout one that praises?

I'm with you. I love my 1.4 years old TiBook 800, even though it blew its analogue sound circuits last January (haven't heard a peep from it since).

Now I'm lusting after the new 17" AIBook... gimme love
  • Reply 2 of 28
    How I ever Lived with out a portable is beyond me.

I LOVE my 12"PB. it is the ultimate switcher. I bring it with me everywhere and I'm sure that I've switched at least 6 people and One big retail company with it. All I ever do is tell them to plug in their Digital cameras and send and email with a photo in it from my laptop. they are often amazed at how easy that is. and even more amazed that the computer knows what camera is plugged in without downloading any drivers!..

Love my mac.

flick.
  • Reply 3 of 28
    I love my Ti 867... Frankly an awesome machine.

Reliable, relatively quick, durable, stunning to look at...

I have no doubt it will serve me very well indeed until a Rev B G5 Powerbook hits the streets, however long that may be!

I will never ever go back to a Desktop again...

Peace,

Marc
  • Reply 4 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by philby

I'm with you. I love my 1.4 years old TiBook 800, even though it blew its analogue sound circuits last January (haven't heard a peep from it since).

Now I'm lusting after the new 17" AIBook... gimme love

To quote Lloyd Christmas, "Pick 'em up!"
  • Reply 5 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by Flick Justice

I LOVE my 12"PB. it is the ultimate switcher. I bring it with me everywhere and I'm sure that I've switched at least 6 people and One big retail company with it.

I've made a couple of converts myself and turned a lot of heads in the 2 short weeks I've owned my PB15. At a recent presentation that included heads of several different companies, I spent half the time answering their questions regarding macs. Besides, most of us will speak more passionately about our laptops than any windows user ever did or will. IMO, we are the best advertisement for these machines!
  • Reply 6 of 28
    I LOVE my 17" 1.33 Powerbook

Its perfect

I was going to buy a 15... decided against it with all the problems.

Now I can't beleive why I even considered the 15"

THE 17" POWERBOOK is THE BEST POWERBOOK EVER!!!!
  • Reply 7 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by drxcm

[BTHE 17" POWERBOOK is THE BEST POWERBOOK EVER!!!! [/B]

My 12" powerbook would beg to differ.

I don't go ANYWHERE without my powerbook (that includes the john from time to time). Try THAT with your lapzilla. I love it love it love it love it love it.
  • Reply 8 of 28
    So, uh, do you turn the lights off at night in the john and use the backlit keyboard to surf while downloading?
  • Reply 9 of 28
    Quote:

Originally posted by thedustin

With so much negativity regarding powerbooks in these forums, how 'bout one that praises? I have had this 1ghz PB since Sept. 11 '03. No problems whatsoever. I am a photographer and webdesigner and use this thing about 10 hrs a day. I love it. Fast, portable, thin...what more could a person want? How about some love for these brilliant machienes for F#*CKS SAKE!

WOW! I am a PC user of..uhhh..umm..14 years, well I had an Amiga first..Anyway, I just opened up my first Mac. Powerbook 17" 1.33 Ghz, 1GB RAM, etc. Holy SHI!!! This is a thing of beauty. I have been waiting around to pull the trigger, and let me just say that I am blown away.

I can't wait to make my first DVD using my many hours of Mini DV footage. I can't talk anymore, this thing is begging me to play. I'm out.
  • Reply 10 of 28
    youre makin me want a powerbook even more now ...and the G4 ibook just came out...

ah well...someday....powerbook G5...powerbook G5....
  • Reply 11 of 28
    I love my 17 PB!
  • Reply 12 of 28
    That's what I'm talkin' about!
  • Reply 13 of 28
    Since 1995, I've owned a PB 160, 3400, G3 Lombard, and currently a Ti 400. Never had a problem with any of them...Apple really makes amazing laptops!
  • Reply 14 of 28
    coolmaccoolmac Posts: 259member
    Well for the 15 minutes my new 17" Powerbook has been up I love it too!

I just have to get used to the deep keyboard.

By the way, do you put anything over the keyboard to protect the screen when you close the cover? Or is it not necessary?
  • Reply 15 of 28
    iwantiwant Posts: 14member
    only one more month till i get my 15inch sd PB. I was supposed to get it in a week , this next month is gonna seriously suck especially since i have been waiting since sept 16. G5 owners, i dont know how you did it.
  • Reply 16 of 28
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    17" is awesome, it looks and feels really awesome ... but neverthemind I adore mine, I have "just" 12 inches ...

... (and 1 ghz, ... what were you thinking?)
  • Reply 17 of 28
    resres Posts: 711member
    I loved my Apple 520c, my G3 Wall Street, and my 800MHz DVI Powerbook (currently my main Mac).

Apple has always made great laptops, and I'm planning to get a 17" powerbook as soon as they cram a G5 into one.
  • Reply 18 of 28
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    I was going to wait for a PB G5 because I can't afford a PB right now. I'm busy saving up the money right now (and when you are putting yourself through paramedic school, that aint easy!). But Apple had to go and drop a G4 into an iBook and get me all confused again. Now what do I do? Should I wait it out or go for the G4 and sell it off when the PB G5 comes out?
  • Reply 19 of 28
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    What kind of Mac(s)/computer(s) you have now, DM? Do you need a new one, or just want?

.. go Fire
  • Reply 20 of 28
    The 17" Powerbook is simply gorgeous.

I was in a play the other day. I was sitting and working on it in the dressing room behind a partition when someone walked by and admired it: "Wow, that's really long, holy crap."

I replied "Yeah, and it's only one inch thick - want to hold it?"

Needless to say, it was a while before the rest of the cast on the other side of the partition let us live that down.

True story,

Martin