So, UK Panther buyers...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
... anyone received their copy of Panther yet? It's 4:37pm right now, and I'm waiting for the postie to deliver my copy - it's entirely possible that the doorbell will ring at 8pm, but somehow I doubt it

I'm guessing that the earliest time it will arrive is on Saturday - is that likely, seeing as it shipped on the 21st (tuesday)?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    ~
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ernest eMac

I got mine (in Ireland) at 2 o'clock. Delivered by TNT.

It's brilliant and I've found it is speedier than Jaguar. My DSL modem isn't working on it though \

What modem are you using?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    ~
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ernest eMac

It's a Zyxel 630-11 USB modem. Worked perfectly in Jaguar (this morning). Now, it shows up in the hardware profile but in "Network" all I can see is the internal modem and built in ethernet. \

Damn, that sucks. Do you think there is any chance of Zyxel making a Panther-compatible driver, or are you net-less until someone finds a workaround?
  • Reply 5 of 9
    ~
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by J@ffa

Damn, that sucks. Do you think there is any chance of Zyxel making a Panther-compatible driver, or are you net-less until someone finds a workaround?

BTW, I found this link on their site. Maybe uninstalling and then reinstalling the driver might help... probably not, but it's worth a try!
  • Reply 7 of 9
    ~
  • Reply 8 of 9
    j@ffaj@ffa Posts: 56member
    Does anyone know if TNT delivers on a Saturday?

I want my Panther!
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Well that's the last time I try to be smart....

I thought if I try upgrading the Power Mac (not a clean install or archive & install) then maybe the modem settings will be ok. The installation went like a breeze until it restarted. At the "Welcome to Macintosh" screen I had 4 kernel panics (white text, black box, grey power symbol behind the text).

I've given up for the evening now \

Not to worry though. One it's all sorted then I'll be pleased. Panther is really good.