iTunes 4.1.1 for Windoze

zozo
Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Was downloading and installing it on a peesea yeasterday and noticed that its already been updated!

Have no clue what the changes are... but already updated within one week of launch! Hats off to Apple!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    markivmarkiv Posts: 180member
    I covers the issue of freezing on startup in Windows 2000, and covers other stability issues.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Windows 2000 users still may have issues with 4.1.1. I still can't rip CDs without iTunes crashing even after the update. My XP system is fine...just the Win2K version exhibits this malady.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    I've found a two minor things, both related to your current selection in a long song list, that work better on Windows iTunes:

1) Type in a search string.

2) Select one of the matching songs.

3) Close the search (click on the search field's (X)).

4) In Windows, your selected item will be kept in view. In OS X, no effort is made to keep your selection in view, so you likely will have to scroll around to find it.

Also...

1) Hit the up or down arrow while your current selection is out of view.

2) Windows iTunes automatically brings the new selection into view. Mac iTunes doesn't.

I think these things used to work on the Mac version, but I'm not absolutely sure about that.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    I feel sorry for Apple having to get iTunes to work with W2K - what a piece of crap OS.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    klinuxklinux Posts: 453member
    Quote:

Originally posted by the cool gut

I feel sorry for Apple having to get iTunes to work with W2K - what a piece of crap OS.

I feel sorry for Apple having to put up with some dumb mac users too.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    Quote:

Originally posted by klinux

I feel sorry for Apple having to put up with some dumb mac users too.

Frankly though I much perfer Macs I'll admit W2K isn't that bad in OS... not as good as OS X, but still "good enough," at least for most.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    foadfoad Posts: 717member
    I mostly prefer Win2K over WinXP. XP is just a really bad bandaid trying to be OS X, at least in my opinion.