No CPU Monitor in Panther??

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I liked that somewhat useless app. I miss it...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by thedustin

I liked that somewhat useless app. I miss it...

You are correct sir!

It is now bundled in the Activity Monitor app in the utilities folder.
  • Reply 2 of 15
    that sucks. I always had it set in the lower left hand corner of my screen, so I could watch it. Oh well.
  • Reply 3 of 15
    spykyspyky Posts: 55member
    Quote:

that sucks. I always had it set in the lower left hand corner of my screen, so I could watch it. Oh well.

The Activity Monitor provides the same functionality, and adds other stuff (like a top listing)

-Spyky
  • Reply 4 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Spyky

The Activity Monitor provides the same functionality, and adds other stuff (like a top listing)

-Spyky

uh, okay. I'm kind of over it now. I liked it when I first started using it last month. Now that I look back I never really used it anyway.
  • Reply 5 of 15
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Quote:

HAHA. I have the same thing! If I backup the CPU monitor and restore it after 10.3 will it till work?
  • Reply 6 of 15
    I had it in my dock in 10.2, then when I rebooted to 10.3 it was a question mark.
  • Reply 7 of 15
    giantgiant Posts: 6,041member
    just use menumeters.
  • Reply 8 of 15
    chychchych Posts: 860member
    MenuMeters really needs an update for 10.3 - it does not start up properly when you log in, and it slows down expose (they changed the menu items thing again I guess).
  • Reply 9 of 15
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Are you people blind? Activity Monitor has a CPU monitor option for the dock. Use that and quit lamenting about the loss of the CPU Monitor application. This was pointed out at 5:14 PM today (my time) and now it's almost 8 PM here... haha.

Okay, cool down Luca...
  • Reply 10 of 15
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Are you people blind? Activity Monitor has a CPU monitor option for the dock. Use that and quit lamenting about the loss of the CPU Monitor application. This was pointed out at 5:14 PM today (my time) and now it's almost 8 PM here... haha.

Okay, cool down Luca...

Don't worry, I was getting worked up too.

Just activate the Dock Icon and close the window. Done!
  • Reply 11 of 15
    Open Activity Monitor. Click on the "Monitor" menu. Go to "Floating CPU Menu". Pick desired orientation. Marvel at how the functionality of the CPU Monitor and Process Viewer Applications have been combined. Stop complaining about it on AI.

Everything is still there, you just have to look for it (well, except for Key Caps).
  • Reply 12 of 15
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Quote:

Originally posted by agent302

Everything is still there, you just have to look for it (well, except for Key Caps).

Heh heh, you should heed your own advice!

Key Caps may no longer exist, but if you go System Prefs -> International -> Input Menu -> Keyboard Viewer it will create a new keyboard menu in the menubar, by your clock, iChat menu, displays, volume, whatever you have up there. Select "Keyboard Viewer" from the menu and it'll open up a Key Caps-like application.

So there you have it! Key Caps hasn't gone away, it's just gotten a little better (unfortunately, it's also impossible to access unless you enable that thing first).
  • Reply 13 of 15
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Now if only clicking on the Activity Monitor icon in the dock would open it's main window... (command-1)
  • Reply 14 of 15
    Activity Monitor is pretty sweet.
  • Reply 15 of 15
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

Heh heh, you should heed your own advice!

Key Caps may no longer exist, but if you go System Prefs -> International -> Input Menu -> Keyboard Viewer it will create a new keyboard menu in the menubar, by your clock, iChat menu, displays, volume, whatever you have up there. Select "Keyboard Viewer" from the menu and it'll open up a Key Caps-like application.

So there you have it! Key Caps hasn't gone away, it's just gotten a little better (unfortunately, it's also impossible to access unless you enable that thing first).

Well how do you like that? Maybe I shouldn't have been so hasty when removing the keyboard menu extra after I installed Panther. It really is the little things that keep me coming back.