My Panther order shipped!

Comments

• Reply 61 of 101
    etharethar Posts: 111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

AllApple probably has regional distribution warehouses for their stuff, hence the PA shipment origin. This makes more sense when the package is shipped via UPS or the USPS instead of FedEx since the other two don't have central processing. They will therefore deliver the box from the closest regional warehouse to their regional distribution center, then to the local distribution center if necessary, and finally to your door.

If that's the case, then why not ship to a Bay Area customer using USPS instead of FedEx? Rancho Cordova is only two hours away!
  • Reply 62 of 101
    algolalgol Posts: 833member
    Mine shipped says tomorrow by 4:30... OH ME GO OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!!!!
  • Reply 63 of 101
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Off to bed the night before P-Day and still nothing Still "On or before the 24th" with no bump up from 2-day shipping as I paid for. I know, I know, I shouldn't care; I wouldn't have been able to install this weekend because of other comitments, but it's the principle !

I think I may have to give Apple a call tomorrow and find out why there was the delay until the 24th. Myabe bring up the fact that I'm paying shipping on shipping...
  • Reply 64 of 101
    etharethar Posts: 111member
    Code:

Date/Time Status Location Comments

Oct 23, 2003 8:21 pm Arrived at Sort Facility OAKLAND CA

8:21 pm Arrived at Sort Facility OAKLAND CA

5:36 pm Left FedEx Sort Facility MEMPHIS TN

1:54 pm Left FedEx Sort Facility MEMPHIS TN

12:08 am Arrived at FedEx Ramp OAKLAND CA

Oct 22, 2003 11:51 pm Left FedEx Origin Location RANCHO CORDOVA CA

4:28 pm Pickup status RANCHO CORDOVA CA Pre-routed meter pkg picked up

Oakland > Memphis > Oakland

Round trip time: 20 hours

Total Distance: 4100+ miles

Distance from Rancho Cordova to my house: 140 miles

That, ladies and gentlemen, is efficiency.

• Reply 65 of 101
    Arrived to my home town. Its getting close.

• Reply 66 of 101
    machemmachem Posts: 319member
    Not all FedEx packages go through Memphis. For example, my iSight travelled all of five miles from one side of Elk Grove to the other.

I think it probably has something to do with the gignormous amount of Panther boxes shipping to all over the globe. Those of us in CA just get a little extra mileage on their CDs.
  • Reply 67 of 101
    myahmacmyahmac Posts: 222member
    mine is on its way!!!!!! On the delivery truck!!!!!!
  • Reply 68 of 101
    Quote:

Originally posted by machem

Not all FedEx packages go through Memphis. For example, my iSight travelled all of five miles from one side of Elk Grove to the other.

I think it probably has something to do with the gignormous amount of Panther boxes shipping to all over the globe. Those of us in CA just get a little extra mileage on their CDs.

Mine didnt go to memphis either, mine shipped from PA, to MD to NJ and now its not far from my house is MA.

• Reply 69 of 101
    Box just arrived for me at work! 14 hour shipping isn't bad at all considering I paid nothing for shipment. Won't install it till tonight. I'm going to put it on my tower first. Easier to backup files to my PowerBook since it has twice the hard drive space of the tower.
  • Reply 70 of 101
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    Gotta love the fruit company. Bought Panther two nights ago, paid nothing for shipping, and they sent it FedEx anyway and came in this morning. Hm, I think I'll skip out for an early lunch...
  • Reply 71 of 101
    Mine's been sitting in the FedEx Calgary depot for a couple of days with the status of "Released for Delivery". Get it to my house already! Does Apple have some deal with the couriers to deliver it on the 24th? Why would it sit there for two days?
  • Reply 72 of 101
    Just got mine now. I thought it was evening delivery. That's a nice suprise.

Installing on my 1.25 15".

Also, I thought the $20 would still be the full retail box, but no box :-( Oh well

-Spyky
  • Reply 73 of 101
    yay just got my copies from macmall. Someone in the office got their upgrade just before, but my other upgrades have'nt come yet.

The box is cool as sh@#
  • Reply 74 of 101
    they attempted to deliver mine while i was at work, and never bothered to leave it with the building superintendant (like airborne and UPS do). so now i have to either wait til monday when im again not home to sign for it, or i have to drive to the fed ex facility to pick it up. booo!

• Reply 75 of 101
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    buonrotto... i was soooo close to calling in after going home to lunch and finding my Panther shipment waiting for me...

must... resist...until after... work is .... done
  • Reply 76 of 101
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I had my copy of Panther shipped to my work address so it's sitting right here (in plain sight so people ask ). I couldn't really afford to take a 2+ hour lunch to drive home, do a full archive and install and drive back. So I'll probably just slip out a little early...
  • Reply 77 of 101
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    "On or before Oct. 29th" That's the latest e-mail I got. So of course I call Apple to see what is up and essentially they told me they could not get Panther out the door fast enough, hence the delay. What did they do for me? They knocked shipping off and said the order will still be express.

On a somewhat creepy note, I think every time I've called Apple since August I've got the same woman on the line. Odd that.
  • Reply 78 of 101
    Quote:

Originally posted by Gabid

"On or before Oct. 29th" That's the latest e-mail I got. So of course I call Apple to see what is up and essentially they told me they could not get Panther out the door fast enough, hence the delay. What did they do for me? They knocked shipping off and said the order will still be express.

On a somewhat creepy note, I think every time I've called Apple since August I've got the same woman on the line. Odd that.

Same here! Very frustrating! Ship on or before the 29th...
  • Reply 79 of 101
    Not to rub it in, but I got mine today at 1:30 Pacific time.
  • Reply 80 of 101
    Where the fvck is the fedex guy???? It's 7 pm and it still says by 4:30 today. I've been sitting here all afternoon waiting...