Major Stupid iSync Problems...

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Whenever I sync I always get device conflicts and I'm not sure what ones to pick. Is just want iSync to copy over the devices with whatever is on the computer. I put everything in on the computer anyway.

Also I synced my T616 and it erased almost all of the contacts in my address book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried doing the "revert to last sync" but that didn't work. I'm sooooo pissed off right now. All of my contacts are gone and I have no way of getting them back. Although they might be still on my palm. SHIT!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by tacojohn

Whenever I sync I always get device conflicts and I'm not sure what ones to pick. Is just want iSync to copy over the devices with whatever is on the computer. I put everything in on the computer anyway.

Also I synced my T616 and it erased almost all of the contacts in my address book!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tried doing the "revert to last sync" but that didn't work. I'm sooooo pissed off right now. All of my contacts are gone and I have no way of getting them back. Although they might be still on my palm. SHIT!

Do you have a backup?
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Doh!!! Try FILE > BACKUP DATABASE..., and FILE > REVERT TO DATABASE BACKUP.

Also, you can select everything in Address Book, then click and drag and it will dump a file into wherever you drag into the Finder (ie. onto the desktop or into a window) a "VCARD" file that you can save anywhere and back-up onto CD or another hard drive or ZIP.

In Panther you can also PRINT out a copy of your Address Book...

Getting back what you lost might be a little more tricky.. if you have a .Mac account, did you Sync your Address Book to your .Mac account (ie. iDisk)? If so, it's available online (try logging into Apple's .Mac webpage and click on the Address Book link. Also you know you might be able to dig some of it off your Palm. If you follow the above advice you at least won't have to go through this pain and suffering a second time!

Good luck!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:

Originally posted by Steven R Wilson

Doh!!! Try FILE > BACKUP DATABASE..., and FILE > REVERT TO DATABASE BACKUP.

Also, you can select everything in Address Book, then click and drag and it will dump a file into wherever you drag into the Finder (ie. onto the desktop or into a window) a "VCARD" file that you can save anywhere and back-up onto CD or another hard drive or ZIP.

In Panther you can also PRINT out a copy of your Address Book...

Getting back what you lost might be a little more tricky.. if you have a .Mac account, did you Sync your Address Book to your .Mac account (ie. iDisk)? If so, it's available online (try logging into Apple's .Mac webpage and click on the Address Book link. Also you know you might be able to dig some of it off your Palm. If you follow the above advice you at least won't have to go through this pain and suffering a second time!

Good luck!

Yeah- I just went back and looked on the palm- luckly I just syned my phone and that was it- so I really didn't loose anything- in fact my address book is more organized now 'cause I had to manually enter everything back in...