Reason for Delayed Power Macs

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 45
    snoopysnoopy Posts: 1,901member
    After reading this discussion, I've changed my mind. I go along with the idea that this is a calculated move by Apple to do product introductions throughout the year, at any time, not just primarily at Macworld Expo. Likely, Apple will introduce PowerMacs when they are ready to ship. I believe this is a better sales strategy, for many of the reasons given in this discussion. Thanks to all who got involved with the topic.
  • Reply 42 of 45
    gumby5647gumby5647 Posts: 241member
    i think steve is just to engrossed with this years amazing and thrilling DCI tour.

He's to busy rooting for his two "home corps" (Santa Clara Vanguard and the Blue Devils) that he doesn't want to intro a new powermac until after DCI finals (Aug 11). That way he won't be kept busy with press releases and interviews and such.

or i could just be blowing smoke out of my a$$
  • Reply 43 of 45
    I mentioned this in another thread:

<a href="http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2002/07_jul/features/cw_macvspc23.htm"; target="_blank">the new PM would lose the Photoshop bake-off.</a>
  • Reply 44 of 45
    [quote]Originally posted by GardenOfEarthlyDelights:

<strong>I mentioned this in another thread:

<a href="http://www.digitalvideoediting.com/2002/07_jul/features/cw_macvspc23.htm"; target="_blank">the new PM would lose the Photoshop bake-off.</a></strong><hr></blockquote>

what kind of moron runs a benchmark and thinks these are relevant and conclusive results.

this guys methodology sucks ass, what a chomper.
  • Reply 45 of 45
    [quote]Originally posted by stupider...likeafox:

what kind of moron runs a benchmark and thinks these are relevant and conclusive results.

this guys methodology sucks ass, what a chomper.<hr></blockquote>

Steve Jobs? Phil Schiller?

edit: Just curious: what would be your proposal to measure how fast these computers are?

[quote]

3. Data Project

This test concentrates on animating layers from Photoshop and Illustrator. It animates randomly sequenced 1s and 0s traveling across the screen at different rates. Green lights were also added, making this the kind of graphic that might be used as a background for statistics in a production. The text elements were imported into After Effects as a three-layered Illustrator file. Since these are vector graphics, they could be scaled to any resolution within After Effects without diminishing their resolution. After the text layers were skewed using 3D effects, lighting effects were added to give the numbers a green cast. This kind of project is indicative of many text animation sequences that are commonly created in compositing software.

<hr></blockquote>

[ 07-21-2002: Message edited by: GardenOfEarthlyDelights ]</p>