Transparent Dock in Panther?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Has anyone found the 3 PDF's that you need to make the dock transparent again in panther? Apple moved them on us.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    It hasn't used the PDFs since (I believe) 10.1... You can use ClearDock, I think there's an update for 10.3 somewhere.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    They just moved them, but they were using PDF's. That's how I've been doing it sense the beginning.

I just tried Clear Dock. No Luck.

2nd edit: I logged out, and logged back in for one reason or another, and now it works. Thanks for the heads up iBrowse
  • Reply 3 of 7
    giaguaragiaguara Posts: 2,724member
    that's how it works on 10.2 too. you don't see the dock transparency before you log out and back in.

glad to see that works in 10.3, min hasn't arrived yet.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Clear Dock does work in Panther, I just installed it and I'm getting a transparent dock. However, what I liked about Transparent dock is the ability to change the font size of the dock. Can't wait for an update. But Clear Dock works for the time being.
  • Reply 5 of 7
    th0rth0r Posts: 78member
    Quote:

However, what I liked about Transparent dock is the ability to change the font size of the dock

What I liked about Transparent Dock is that it doesn't require APE to work.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    badtzbadtz Posts: 949member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Th0r

What I liked about Transparent Dock is that it doesn't require APE to work.

exactly
  • Reply 7 of 7
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    ClearDock 1.2.4 is supposedly already Panther comliant according to their Panther update page. Versions of FruitMenu, WSX, and Xounds are all coming this month for Panther. Also included in WSX will be some bug fixes with the MiP feature....