Look What's Featured At "Mactopia" Site!!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Go here.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Go here.

yes also here....

mm
  • Reply 2 of 17
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    interesting
  • Reply 3 of 17
    xoolxool Posts: 2,460member
    Lol, I went to mactopia site and clicked the link about office compatibility. I got this error message:

Quote:

Server Application Unavailable

The web application you are attempting to access on this web server is currently unavailable._ Please hit the "Refresh" button in your web browser to retry your request.

Administrator Note: An error message detailing the cause of this specific request failure can be found in the application event log of the web server. Please review this log entry to discover what caused this error to occur.

Or does this mean something...

[edit by Brad: fixed quote so it doesn't destroy forum layout]
  • Reply 4 of 17
    umm, might wanna fix thta post, really messing w/ readability.

btw, exactly how old is office x? considering that IE is dead and it seems that they dont give a rats ass about WMP for mac, why havent they done a new version of office?
  • Reply 5 of 17
    http://www.apple.com/macosx/video/

Apple got a Panther video.

Got me thinkin'.

Is it now the time to go 'out there' and FINALLY show this to the world ala Windows 95 blanket bombing marketing?

Apple's OS will never be finer. It's ready for prime time.

This could be made into an advert or series of adverts showing the Mac experience.

Why? Because INSTEAD of showing a G5 blowing some guy thru' a wall, it actually shows what you CAN DO with an APPLE!

Advertise the OS APPLE!!!

Lemon Bon Bon
  • Reply 6 of 17
    chagichagi Posts: 284member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Lemon Bon Bon

Got me thinkin'.

Is it now the time to go 'out there' and FINALLY show this to the world ala Windows 95 blanket bombing marketing?

This could be made into an advert or series of adverts showing the Mac experience.

Why? Because INSTEAD of showing a G5 blowing some guy thru' a wall, it actually shows what you CAN DO with an APPLE!

Lemon Bon Bon

Interesting, Brian Transeau has popped up more than once now to promote the Mac. He left out "DJ" though...
  • Reply 7 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacsRGood4U

Go here.

Yeah, baby...

Jb
  • Reply 8 of 17
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    They need to work the virus angle. Imagine if Apple actually showed people they didn't have to cope with the zillions of e-mail viruses like W32.Swen.A@mm. Of course an ad campaign like this would certainly be viewed as a challenge to the various hax0rs.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    were getting some publicity here too http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/main.html scroll down a bit and look to the right
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

They need to work the virus angle. Imagine if Apple actually showed people they didn't have to cope with the zillions of e-mail viruses like W32.Swen.A@mm. Of course an ad campaign like this would certainly be viewed as a challenge to the various hax0rs.

BOTH the Wall Street Journal AND the New York Times ran articles stating that the MAC OS X is 100% virus free...

With the release of Panther we can only look up...

- BeOS people are amazed at the Mac now

- *nix people are blown away... The CEO of Sun said that most Sun employees actually use Macs at home... and what's-his-name (the guy who created Java) loves his Mac Laptop!!

- Linux heavy-weights are amazed

- Linux users are still wallowing in distro-hell...

- Windows users (mostly) don't understand... but with the new g4 laptop prices they're STUPID if they don't check out the new iBooks. I do want one... so bad... It's funny, They'll spend $5,000+ on a plasma TV, hundreds of thousands on a house... $30,000 on a car... god know how much on clothes and they still only wanna pay $200.00 dollars a computer! Go figure. Don't they get it... you get what you pay for.

Oh, and I don't care what anyone says... XP is NOT multitasking! I get blips, hiccups and coughs all day... And I don't know how many reboots!!

Okay, I've raved enough

Jb
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by MacUsers

were getting some publicity here too http://www.adobe.com/products/creativesuite/main.html scroll down a bit and look to the right

Check out Microsoft...

http://www.mactopia.com

• Reply 12 of 17
    dviantdviant Posts: 483member
    Thats pretty cool. They always said the Macintosh Business Unit operated somewhat autonomously... how interesting.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    If WMP 9 is on the Mac now.....
  • Reply 14 of 17
    Quote:

Got me thinkin'.

Lemon Bon Bon

Ahahah, Omar. Apple's marketing information videos are so bizarre?
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:

You want my honest to god opinion? This is exactly what needs to be shown to people.

This advertisement would work perfectly in the cinema. You know, those ads that you see just before movie previews, like Coca-Cola, Mars, Nike, etc.?

Cinema advertising is much more effective in terms of memory retention, and the fact that you are seeing something 100 times the size than on a TV set.

Doing this would seriously reach a huge audience, and I gaurantee that sales would increase if these ads existed in cinemas.

Can you just imagine going to see LOTR: Return of the King, and sitting there in those cumfy seats waiting for the movie to start, and next things you see is this, on a 20 metre long silver screen!

If Apple really do read these forums, then I only hope this my suggestion gets noticed, and at least seriously considered.

Oh, and another thing: ADVERTISE GLOBALLY!!!

My $0.02. m.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    DO NOT DO CINEMA ADVERTISING! i dont know why, but nothing pisses me off more than having to watch 15 min of screen play and then an actual commercial or 3 just so i can watch a movie.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Merovingian

You want my honest to god opinion? This is exactly what needs to be shown to people.

This advertisement would work perfectly in the cinema. You know, those ads that you see just before movie previews, like Coca-Cola, Mars, Nike, etc.?

Cinema advertising is much more effective in terms of memory retention, and the fact that you are seeing something 100 times the size than on a TV set.

Doing this would seriously reach a huge audience, and I gaurantee that sales would increase if these ads existed in cinemas.

Can you just imagine going to see LOTR: Return of the King, and sitting there in those cumfy seats waiting for the movie to start, and next things you see is this, on a 20 metre long silver screen!

If Apple really do read these forums, then I only hope this my suggestion gets noticed, and at least seriously considered.

Oh, and another thing: ADVERTISE GLOBALLY!!!

My $0.02. m.

Notice in bold, the statement I thought caused my brain the most damage.

I REMEMBER THAT FUGLY GLOSSETTES GUY IN THE "shake it up!" ADS. There is not much in the way of advertising that I loathe more than cinema ads. They are the latest and greatest iteration of TORTURE ever devised by man. It was bad enough having to sit through Fellowship of the Ring beside a gang of roudy middle-aged women, THAT I HAVE TO ENDURE THOSE ****ING COMMERCIALS. Leave them on the TV, where they can be killed slowly through peer-to-peer networks sharing TV episodes, sans commercials.

Keep it to TV ads. Microsoft sold XP on TV, now Apple must at least try.