Deleting Safari's history...?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Hello People,

This is the problem. When I type in "www. " a list shows up of a bunch of sites that I consider "junk sites" (some are sites I visit..more often are not though). I don't want to see these sites when I start typing "www.(dot)" - how can I get rid of them? I've tried deleting history, cookies, and reseting safari under preferences..any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I've seen that to. When ever I start to type a in a URL that starts with "digi" I get digitalcity.com as a possible result. I don't even remember using digitalcity.com.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by chikan

Hello People,

This is the problem. When I type in "www. " a list shows up of a bunch of sites that I consider "junk sites" (some are sites I visit..more often are not though).

It looks like those are all the sites in bookmarks. I guess you'd have to delete them.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    Actually, some of them are in my bookmarks...but others such as "1800flowers" and "xinet" (whatever that is)...etc...I DO NOT bookmark or visit?????

I have no idea how to get rid of that "list" that shows up! Any ideas? Thanks for the responses so far though...... waiting for my Panther delivery...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by chikan

I have no idea how to get rid of that "list" that shows up! Any ideas?

Not just your personal bookmarks. The ones provided by Safari or imported from another browser. Go to Bookmarks - Show All Bookmarks and look through all the categories (Entertainment, Shopping, etc.)
  • Reply 5 of 7
    kcmackcmac Posts: 1,051member
    Why would you type www...just type the website name...

That is one thing I can't stand about IE on the PC.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    Most people probably still have IE on their computer in one form or another. IE comes with several default bookmarks (1-800-Flowers, digitalcity.com ect...) since Safari automatically imports IE bookmarks, they show up when you start to type. Delete the imported IE bookmarks and your problems should be solved.

Edit: I lied! I thought the bookmarks were from IE, they are really from Safari. Go to the bookmarks page and delete them if you don't want them there anymore when you start typing.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    there pre set safari bookmarks, 1800-Flowers is in shoping, digitalcity under Travel etc,etc.