The trash is back?!

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
After two to three years of getting used to having no trash on my desktop, and actually liking it, they put the darn thing back on there. I've become a bit of a purist in the desktop department. Only optical media and network drives are allowed there. Everything else... isn't. So I'm wondering how I can get that ugly thing away from my desk. It looks like a monkey in church, or some other very inappropriate thing. Has anybody noticed this? Found a cure?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    quaremquarem Posts: 254member
    Are you talking about Panther? I suppose you are. The trash isn't on the desktop for any of my Panther installs, perhaps you have done something with a haxie to make the trash appear on the desktop.

Best of luck.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Yeah dude, what are you talking about?
  • Reply 3 of 5
    The only thing I can think of him talking about is the option in DragThing to have a trash can on the desktop. Aside from that, there is no trash can on the desktop.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    contempt and Quarem are right. You must be using some third party software. Panther does not put the Trash back on the desktop.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Okay, I did install DragThing, which probably offers such a service. I'm going have to have a stern chat with mister Thing!