Audio CD Burning problems

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi,

I've been struggling to burn audio cds for some time now. The problem is not so much with burning them but getting them to play afterwards. Here are the main problems.

1) I burn a cd. I put it in a cd player. It simply whirrs round and round then ejects

2) I burn a cd. I put it in a cd player. It refuses to play a track. I step forward to the next track. It doesn't recognise it. I step forward again and it plays the next track. It then won't play any other track if I step forward to it. when I put the cd in again into the player it now plays the tracks it wouldn't see before and skips others.

3) I burn a cd. I put it in a cd player. It won't play track 1. I step forward to track 2 which it plays. If I leave it alone it will play the whole CD. If I step forward to any track it then fails to play any more tracks (even though the cd player display correctly displays the track number)

4) I burn a cd. I put it in a cd player. It exhibits one or more of the symptoms above. I then put the same cd in the same player a day or so later. All I get from the player is an ear splitting shriek - no music.

I have tried burning from a number of software apps - Toast, disc burner, iTunes etc and many different types of CD-R media. I have also tried to burn with different cd recorders connected to my G4 (currently a Lacie external firewire) - all with the same result. I have also tried various different cd audio players to test the cds out in.

The irony is that if I burn an audio cd with my windows PC (PII 400 win98se) using Nero it almost always works perfectly!!

Please help!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    markivmarkiv Posts: 180member
    Do both Toast and iTunes give you the same problem, or is it only iTunes.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    spookyspooky Posts: 504member
    Quote:

Originally posted by markiv

Do both Toast and iTunes give you the same problem, or is it only iTunes.

Both I'm afraid!!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Try burning at 1x or 2x speeds. A 'normal' cd player is designed for playback at 1x... I believe it has something to do with the way the burner writes the packets of data. I've been using 2x as a general rule. On older systems (Mac & PCs) I did notice a quality-of-sound issues when I burned at higher speeds.

Yeah, I know it takes longer, but you want it to sound good... don'tcha

I hope this is helpful.

Jb