how to treat an ipod battery?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I think this is more relevant as they're not as replaceable. Do I run the battery down all the time, or charge it every night in the dock???

I want this to last a LOOONG time!!!

Comments

• Reply 2 of 6
    moliumoliu Posts: 42member
    With my 2G 10GB iPod, I've been getting pretty good battery performance. I think the tips are mainly don't drain your battery completely. Also, don't leave your ipod unused for a prolong period of time. Use it often, and it will love you back. Since I use it almost every day, I usually recharge it every day. I find that it's pretty difficult to completely drain the battery (which is a good thing). 8+ hours is more than enough for a day's worth of playing since You can't be listening to it all day long unless you're on holiday or something...
  • Reply 3 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    How do you treat an iPod thread?

Move it to the proper forum.

• Reply 4 of 6
    666666 Posts: 134member
    I run mine down a fair bit. I'll get with more recharging.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    telomartelomar Posts: 1,804member
    Quote:

Originally posted by 666

I run mine down a fair bit. I'll get with more recharging.

When they say completely run down they mean completely dead. The iPod actually automatically sleeps itself usually as its battery gets low so it's pretty hard to run down fully.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Just like a laptop battery...

Quote:

Treat it like dirt. Stay out late. Talk about alkaline batteries in front of it. Show up at a party with one of those cute fuel cells. Discharge it completely, daily, then forget to plug it in. When it complains say "Oh, sorry, I must have forgotten." Then tell it if it were a 61 A hr battery it wouldn't even need to be plugged in yet.

Oh yeah. That's the way batteries like to be treated. Don't let anyone tell you different.

still laughin that was great