iTunes, startup disk not where my library is located

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I have 2 hard drives on my G4 tower, and i when i installed panther on my 2nd hard drive, leaving jaquar on my 1st, my itunes library on the new hard drive is empty of course, and i am wondering how i can just set it up to use all my mp3s and such off the 1st hard drive..

without re-typing all 200 playlists hopefully!!! thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by gsfmark

I have 2 hard drives on my G4 tower, and i when i installed panther on my 2nd hard drive, leaving jaquar on my 1st, my itunes library on the new hard drive is empty of course, and i am wondering how i can just set it up to use all my mp3s and such off the 1st hard drive..

without re-typing all 200 playlists hopefully!!! thanks!

Well, replacing your new iTunes Folder (I'm talking about the folder that contains the files "iTunes 4 Music Library" and so on) with an alias of the old one should do the job (assuming that you're using the same iTunes version).

greetings,

durandal
  • Reply 2 of 5
    jbljbl Posts: 555member
    Quote:

Originally posted by durandal

Well, replacing your new iTunes Folder (I'm talking about the folder that contains the files "iTunes 4 Music Library" and so on) with an alias of the old one should do the job (assuming that you're using the same iTunes version).

greetings,

durandal

This is what I do. Works fine for me.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    or you can just go in the preferences under the advanced tab and tell itunes to use your other itunes folder.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by ThunderPoit

or you can just go in the preferences under the advanced tab and tell itunes to use your other itunes folder.

Ouch... a german saying comes to mind: "Warum einfach, wenn's auch kompliziert geht?" (Why doing it the simple way, if there's a complicated one?)

Anyway, thanks for the hint

durandal
  • Reply 5 of 5
    jasonfjjasonfj Posts: 567member
    I just had to do a clean install of Panther, and have lost all my iTunes playlists/library settings. I tried replacing the file 'iTunes 4 Music Library' with the old one from the 'Previous System' folder, but nothing happened.

Did I miss something?