ebay rage

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
this is too damn funny.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3146042998

Here is the text incase the auction gets pulled:

Quote:

Let me begin by explaining some very important details, this way I do not get 100's of silly emails asking me to photograph the hind end of some stuffed animals. I DO NOT KNOW crap about these things. This belonged to my ex-wife who had about a 1000 of these Beanie Babies and when she moved, this one box of these got left behind, and now I am selling the goofy little things. Whatever money I make from them will be spent at the local Home Depot on tools and other cool stuff. I do not know which of these babies is retired or new, or whatever. I will list them in no particular order. I will tell you what its name is on the tag, if it has a plastic box or something. All these critter have been stored indoors, and are from a non-smoking home. Again, please do not send me emails asking me to photograp this or that. I am starting the auction at $10.00 and at that price I figure you all can take a chance. I understand from a friends wife that people are afraid to get fakes. FAKES? Fake plush toys? I was amazed. I thought people forged money, not childrens toys. Well I can only say, that 99% of these goofy toys were bought with my money, from eiter the local Hallmark Store, or one of the dozen or so Southern Craft/ collectibles stores I had to go to on a weekly basis buying these ridiculos toys years ago. Happy Bidding! Please take these critters from me so I can buy tools.

Final Notice and Disclaimer: I know nothing about these stuffed Beanie Babies. I offer no proof of anything. It is a stuffed animal, get over it! I don't think my ex-wife was in the Black Market Beanie Trade..but then again, I didn't know she was having an affair either! Thus no gauruntees! All have theior little Heart Shaped tags on their ears.

Ants - Armidillo

Almond - Bear

Knuckles - Pig

Humphrey - Camel

Tiptoe - Rat (I must have picked this one) Pig - Zodiac Pic (huh?)

Chipper- Chipmunk or Squirrel (Not Sure)

Neon - Sea Horse or Sea Serpent

Goatee- Goat

Prickles - Hedge Hog

Steg - Dinosaur (Stegasaurus I guess)

Manny - Mannatee

Paul - Walrus (Hey I get that joke..koo-koo-ka-choo)

Rabbit- Rabbit (Zodiac Critter)

Sheets - Ghost

Rainbow - Lizard (cameleon?)

Batty- Bat

Peanut - Elephant (comes in a plastic see-thru box)

Britannia - Bear with British Flag

Germania - Bear with German Flag

Eucalyptus - Koala Bear

Web - Spider (I must have picked all the ugly ones!)

Beak - Kiwi Bird?

Scaly - Komodo Dragon or other lizard..not sure!

Mystic - Unicorn

Nuts - Squirrel

(Not Pictured) Mickey Mouse in Hockey Uniform

ALL OF THEM HAVE THEIR LITTLE HEARTS TAG ON THE EARS!

On Sep-19-03 at 12:47:48 PDT, seller added the following information:

A very kind Ebayer wrote me an email and said the following:The valuable beanies here are Steg (dinosaur), Humphrey(camel), web (spider) and peanut (elephant). They are worth considerably more if they have the red heart hang tags and if the tags are in good shape - no creases or tears. If you wouldn't mind giving me more info on those. Also, if you added more info to the auction I'm sure you could get more $$ for your tools!

To answer her question: I looked and to the best of my looking at them all. None of the ones she mentioned have any torn tags or creased tags. In fact NONE of the little critters have messed up tags. People have been telling me these critters are worth alot of money. I know nothing about them, and told you everything you need to know up in the description. I make no claims on value, and to be honest. I am amazed anyine pays more then a dollar a piece for these things. What happened to collecting STAMPS? Pay what you want for them! IT ALL GOES TO HOMEDEPOT !!!!!! and BEER!

On Sep-21-03 at 12:21:32 PDT, seller added the following information:

Okay all you people with nothing better to do! ENOUGH WITH THE EMAILS! I thought I was clear with all that. Here is an Email that I just got from some lady who felt she will try to save my sould or something! Read Below:

Very clever listing; however it is very likely you have some fakes (counterfeits) among the listing and I suggest you pull them from the auctions until you have them authenticated. Humphrey the camel is an example. It is a requirement of eBay as well as unde the provisions of the U.S. Criminal Cpode that a seller know the authenticity of a trademarked item s/he is selling. Also, an authenticated rare beanie will bring lots of money on the auctions. I'll let you know the others that are likely fakes, and further it is very unlikely your ex would have left behind these rare ones. If she had 1000 beanies, she knew what she had and their value. To sell counterfeits of a trademarked item wold make you a common criminal. Are you being honest? If so, cancel the auction, relist the common beanies, and send the rest for authentication. It would be well worth it financially and would make you honest. Taisha

WELL TAISHA! I don't CARE! I told everyone in the begining everything I know and don't know about these STUPID animals! I ahve an idea for all people that are so worried about this.....DON't BID! I dont care! I am so upset that this clown of a woman figured out my SUPER PLAN TO SCAM MILLIONS FROM THE UNKNOWING BEANIE WORLD! I FIGURED I WOULD RETIRE FROM THIS RUSE! What a dolt she is! I have blocked her from my bidder list, that way she can cry about it. Some people are UNREAL! GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Home Depot and Beer!
  • Reply 2 of 29
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Wow $860! That'll buy a lot of beer and tools! hah
  • Reply 3 of 29
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    the most interesting part is he got positive feedback from the buyer of that auction, so they must have been legit.
  • Reply 4 of 29
    I like how the auction has good ol' American stars and stripes i the background and the font just gets bigger and bigger and bigger!
  • Reply 5 of 29
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

*GASP*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

That was great . . . . beanie babies!! He should be glad she was having an affiar . . . .

Tools and beer!!
  • Reply 6 of 29

• Reply 7 of 29
    It gets better...

i emailed that dude, to thank him for a good laugh, and that's what i get in reply:

Quote:

Dear Friends,

Thank you all for the kind hearted responses to the Beanie Auction. I am

glad some people got a chuckle out of it.

I figured I would let everyone know that my days as a free man are surely

limited, as the lady who bought the Beanies (the same lady listed in the

auction as Tiasha who used a second ID to bid after I blocked her first) is

currently trying to get her money back. I told her that was not going to

happen, but she has now filed a fraud case with (ready for this?) the F.B.I.

Oh yes! The F.B.I. I figure that as soon as they track down Osama Bin Laden

they will dedicate all of the efforts of the bureau to capture and apprehend

the likes of a criminal like me! Pray for me my friends, I am a man without

a country! LOL

Anyway...in a last ditch effort to afford myself some last libation before

what will surely be a long stint in Federal Prison, I have began the

following auction in which you my adoring public, can buy the Drunken Sailor

a beer!

Click Below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=1469&rd=1

If you want to take another look at the original auction, you can use the

link below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3146042998

Thanks for all your support, and keep on laughing!

Regards,

Steve

A.K.A The Drunken Sailor

A.K.A. Public Enemy #1

• Reply 8 of 29
    rokrok Posts: 3,519member
    he also has a wonderful little counter to her ridiculous "you must know the authentication of trademarked collectibles according to ebay and federal law" bullshit. is this really a legit concern? if so, how is it i can have a freakin' YARD SALE and sell these things on my front lawn, and you pay what you think they're worth, but suddenly ebay bends the laws of common sense?

are people this lawsuit happy these days? can i not turn around and wipe my own ass without worrying that someone will sue me for damages?

un-f'n-believable.
  • Reply 9 of 29
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    The woman expresses suspicion that they are fakes and ing buys them anyway?

She deserves a good smack across the back of the head.
  • Reply 10 of 29
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

On top of that, she consciously made a new account just to purchase them. She must have a crush on him, only a (beanie-baby collecting) woman would do something like that.
  • Reply 11 of 29
    willoughbywilloughby Posts: 1,457member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

Offtopic: You can't say ?
  • Reply 12 of 29
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    No kidding, that's unacceptable.
  • Reply 13 of 29
    nwhyseenwhysee Posts: 151member
    Best ebay auction i saw was where someone left negative feedback because the seller DIED during the auction. Buyer called him a "quitter".
  • Reply 14 of 29
    Y'know...it really does seem like this could have been a clever scam. Guy feigns ignorance about what he's selling, but lists a couple of rare items. If he gets called on the sale, he just says that he had no idea how to check the authenticity of the items and that he made this clear in the auction.

As to what makes eBay different...maybe something to do with wire fraud? Interstate commerce? Not really sure...

These Beanie Baby people are obsessive, by the way...
  • Reply 15 of 29
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    why exactly are people paying $100 for a little stuffed camel?

(although i've collected a few rare books, so maybe it's the same thing)
  • Reply 16 of 29
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

These Beanie Baby people are obsessive, by the way...

OH. MY. GOD. Poking around that chick's web page made my night. Thank You.
  • Reply 17 of 29
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    That guy is great.
  • Reply 18 of 29
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by kneelbeforezod

Y'know...it really does seem like this could have been a clever scam. Guy feigns ignorance about what he's selling, but lists a couple of rare items. If he gets called on the sale, he just says that he had no idea how to check the authenticity of the items and that he made this clear in the auction.

This was the very first thing to cross my mind.

Very funny, though.

• Reply 19 of 29
    Quote:

Originally posted by nwhysee

Best ebay auction i saw was where someone left negative feedback because the seller DIED during the auction. Buyer called him a "quitter".

yer kidding?
  • Reply 20 of 29
    nwhyseenwhysee Posts: 151member
    No i'm serious, if i had the link id post it, but it was hillarious.