Mr. Beer

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone here ever brew their own beer, particularly using mr. beer ?

it looks like loads of fun!

any comments?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    scottscott Posts: 7,431member
    I work with a bunch of home brewers. They seem to enjoy the results
  • Reply 2 of 5
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    I made some hard cider and it was pretty good. Never made beer though, I think cider tastes better anyways, and you don't need to buy a kit.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

Originally posted by iBrowse

I made some hard cider and it was pretty good. Never made beer though, I think cider tastes better anyways, and you don't need to buy a kit.

That's because you're 19 and haven't done much beer drinking. One you get into the beer world, you won't be doing much cider drinking.

I'd be tempted to brew my own, but I don't know what for. I'm not a big fan of frilly microbrewed crap. That is, beer that strays a long way from the reinheitsebot, or what ever the hell that German beer purity law is called. I like a nice and simple lager/pilsner somewhere between blonde and copper in color. Since those are easy enough to get anywhere, I don't know if it's worth brewing my own.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    ibrowseibrowse Posts: 1,749member
    Well I'm 20 (should probably change my profile...) but I've done a lot of beer drinking. I've never liked the taste of beer really. I like wine though, so that may be why I like cider better than beer, flavor wise I find it enjoyable.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Oh man...... A guy I work with gave me a bottle of homebrew and it was great! I think it's the only beer I've had that gave me a strong buzz after only one bottle. I also think it's the reason I fell into the oven trying to take a pizza out.