Grrr, this is why MS sucks

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just updated Win2k on my desktop machine so that I have the latest bug/security patches. After the complimentary reboot, the first program I loaded was iTunes (because my desktop is my mp3 repository and I share my tunes with my laptop). iTunes informed me that it was no longer the default player for audio files. I set iTunes to be the default player for audio files.

Yes sir, I am sure that MS probably was fixing some bug that required WM9 to be the default player. Stupid windows. It really bugs me to see it overwrite my preferences, particularly when it installs its own crappy software over the selections that I made. Why doesn't it just uninstall all non MS software and be done with it? How many times do I have to tell it that Firebird is my default browser before it gets a clue?

... it wants me to reboot my laptop as well. It takes so long to get all the programs that I use up and running.

... it also dropped quicktime as my default media player. How kind of MS.

edit: win 2k only, XP kept my preferences. Nice XP.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    Well, QuickTime on Windows does pretty much suck... so changing that setting was probably actually doing you a favour
  • Reply 2 of 7
    yevgenyyevgeny Posts: 1,148member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

Well, QuickTime on Windows does pretty much suck... so changing that setting was probably actually doing you a favour

The endless war to be the default media browser gets to be a bit tiresome. Windows Media isn't a horrible format, although I can't stand to look at the GUI for the player. So much wasted space. Someone obviously went to the Star Trek school of inefficient and gaudy GUI design.

Yeah, nobody uses mpegs anymore, so why not make WM the default player

In general, I just ignore any real one media (I hate their adware).
  • Reply 3 of 7
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by LoCash

windows fanboi
  • Reply 4 of 7
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    I see everything, murboi- Hahaha!!!! 8) Gotcha!!!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    [VENT]

The title made me think that Windows murdered your family... but you are just whining about updates.

Why not sue them for the two minutes of your life wasted away because you needed to reset preferences in Apple branded software due to their update?

And while you do that, I will be suing you for the time I wasted reading your rant.

[/VENT]

Yah... I had a bad day.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    QT suck on Windows??? That can't be intentional!

Watch every Windows update kill iTunes more. First it loads songs like Start me Up into your library at first, and subliminally flashes "Apple Sucks" in the Visualizer, but gradually it gets less subtle until it's just downright crashing iTunes or offering to uninstall it for you.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    You're lucky Windows 2000 even started up at all after installing updates. It seems to really like losing important system files after updates.