Dependable DVD media?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What is the general concensus of solid dvd media for the Pioneer A06?

Is it better to get it from Apple?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Probably, I used to get a lot of crap on brand X DVD Toast would say "Error 0x003 or 05" and it was because of crap media I found out. I was kinda pissed, I went back to watch all these old movies and ta-da! They cut off at the very end.

However after I applied the 2x DVDR / 16 CDR firmware patch for my 12" PBG4 I don't see this anymore even on the same cheap media! W00t!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    verbatim all the way.
  • Reply 3 of 6
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I get Apple media cheaper than any of the other major brands, so I just stick to that...
  • Reply 4 of 6
    aquaticaquatic Posts: 5,602member
    Well of course, Verbatim is the best of the best, if you can afford it then hells yea.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquatic

Well of course, Verbatim is the best of the best, if you can afford it then hells yea.

Huh, so Verbatim is the best..... you learn something new everyday. I always wondered which was the best, but never would have guessed Verbatim for some reason.\
  • Reply 6 of 6
    northgatenorthgate Posts: 4,461member
    I buy my blank DVD-Rs from an online store called Shop4Tech and I buy a brown label brand called LEDA. I've had very good luck with these discs, very low failure rates, have great luck playing DVD Video on a multitude of players.