Condom Use Revisited

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 35
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    I just received a delightful message of love and kindness from Jukebox Hero. Way to go to bat for Jesus and demonstrate how nice his followers are:

[removed]

Hrm...sounds like he wants to kick my ass. WWJD? Certainly not that. There are those followers of jesus that I can respect, fellowship namely. There are those that I cannot because they claim to follow his word yet their actions betray it. This is Jukebox.
  • Reply 22 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

I just received a delightful message of love and kindness from Jukebox Hero. Way to go to bat for Jesus and demonstrate how nice his followers are:

Hrm...sounds like he wants to kick my ass. WWJD? Certainly not that. There are those followers of jesus that I can respect, fellowship namely. There are those that I cannot because they claim to follow his word yet their actions betray it. This is Jukebox.

I have no claim to being able to live up to Jesus's standard. You intentionally try to rile people up and the moderators turn a blind eye to it. Of course its frustrating. You deserve it.
  • Reply 23 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Besides that, it was a consensual offer. You have the right to ignore, accept, or decline. I fail to see how thats not fair.
  • Reply 24 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by Jukebox Hero

I have no claim to being able to live up to Jesus's standard. You intentionally try to rile people up and the moderators turn a blind eye to it. Of course its frustrating. You deserve it.

I thought I was just calmly pointing out that you can't jesus downtrodden people into not having sex.
  • Reply 25 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

I thought I was just calmly pointing out that you can't jesus downtrodden people into not having sex.

1) Totally off thread. 2) You must not have even bothered to read the thread before going off on your hate tantrum.
  • Reply 26 of 35
    Quote:

1) Totally off thread. 2) You must not have even bothered to read the thread before going off on your hate tantrum.

It was not a hate tantrum. I felt it was on topic.

Preaching abstinence is not going to work there. You simply cannot jesus these people into not having sex. Their lives suck. Sex is fun. It's probably one of the few moments of bliss in their entire lives.

Condoms won't stop the spread of HIV. However, it will slow it dramatically.
  • Reply 27 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

It was not a hate tantrum. I felt it was on topic.

Preaching abstinence is not going to work there.

Again, had you read the thread, you would have recognized that this was exactly my point.

Quote:

You simply cannot jesus these people into not having sex.

This is the hateful, biggoted language I am talking about. Your using Jesus as a substitute word for oppression. This is crap and you know it. Your a jerk and you deserve a good ass kicking.

Quote:

Their lives suck. Sex is fun. It's probably one of the few moments of bliss in their entire lives.

Condoms won't stop the spread of HIV. However, it will slow it dramatically.

• Reply 28 of 35
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

3% failure rate per year

A$: Years of sexual activity

B$: Percentage likelyhood of getting HIV from fluid transfer. I have no statistic. Anybody?

C$: =3% * B$; Percentage likelyhood of getting HIV from condom failure per year

D$: Percentage likelyhood of getting HIV from condom failure over lifetime of sexual activity. Anybody have a probability and statistics book? Its not C$ * A$.

E$: Percentage likelyhood of dying from HIV. I don't have a statistic. Anybody?

But using ballpark numbers of A$=50, B$=30%, therefore c$=0.9%, d$= ??? intuitively seems to be more than 10%, e$= ??? my guess is, in Africa, 99%.

This is going to be great fun :-)

C$ is missing an important term:

The likelyhood to fvck someone who is biologically able to change your status. In terms of pregnancy this is your partners fertility (shall we pin it at 75% fertile adults?), in the case of HIV infection this is the likelyhood he is HIV positive (my last data is 0.4% for the US population, 0.03% for army recruits).

On this basis alone, you are 187.5 times more likely to get pregnant than HIV positive if you screw around (2500 times more likely if you have a taste for recruits). If you are living with a HIV positive partner, your chances are worse - in this case it would be prudent to not have sex with him.

B$ is less than 1% for HIV transfer, about 40% for a pregnancy (as far as I know). On this basis, you are 40 times more likely to get pregnant than HIV positive.

E$: 10% of all caucasiens carry a mutation in the CCR5 that in heterozygotous humans lowers the risk of contracting HIV to 30% (homozygotous people don't aquire HIV at all). Combination therapy has made huge strides, but the outlook is still grim. Let's keep the mortality rate at 100% if this is not the case.

Summing it up:

If you screw around, your chance of contracting HIV is 7500[*] times lower than getting pregnant in the west. It is considerably worse in Africa, high-risk activities or if you have a taste for drug-injecting whores.

[*] Take it with a healthy dose of salt. Although I did not invent any numbers, I took the first plausible link.

Links:

Receptor mutation

Prevalence of HIV in the population

Likelyhood of infection per intercourse
  • Reply 29 of 35
    Quote:

Again, had you read the thread, you would have recognized that this was exactly my point.

This is the hateful, biggoted language I am talking about. Your using Jesus as a substitute word for oppression. This is crap and you know it. Your a jerk and you deserve a good ass kicking.

Sorry, no.

No, I'm using jesus as a word substituting for "preaching the teachings of jesus so as to influence their behavior." Obviously your pastor didn't jesus you some manners. I do not need a good ass kicking.
  • Reply 30 of 35
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Your a jerk and you deserve a good ass kicking.

Are you purposefully fulfilling the prediction in my very first response in this thread

Mr. "Loving christian" Jukebox strikes again...
  • Reply 31 of 35
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Your a jerk and you deserve a good ass kicking.

Yes, BR is so deserving of a ban.

"Hello Kettle? This is the Pot. You're black."
  • Reply 32 of 35
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

It is considerably worse in Africa, high-risk activities or if you have a taste for drug-injecting whores.

Damn.

Quote:

Originally posted by BR

You simply cannot jesus these people into not having sex.

Has Jesus been verbed? Cool! The uses are really endless.

"Stop your Jesusing!"

"You can't Jesus me, copper!"

"Honey, I'm really not in the mood to get Jesused right now."
  • Reply 33 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

This is going to be great fun :-)

C$ is missing an important term:

The likelyhood to fvck someone who is biologically able to change your status. In terms of pregnancy this is your partners fertility (shall we pin it at 75% fertile adults?), in the case of HIV infection this is the likelyhood he is HIV positive (my last data is 0.4% for the US population, 0.03% for army recruits).

Lets stick with Africa. But, for America, we could make the argument that protection is completely unnecessary.

Quote:

B$ is less than 1% for HIV transfer, about 40% for a pregnancy (as far as I know). On this basis, you are 40 times more likely to get pregnant than HIV positive.

WOW! Those Africans must be having alot of sex then to contract as much HIV as they have. Turns out Wilt Chaimberland was just living an African lifestyle.

Quote:

E$: 10% of all caucasiens carry a mutation in the CCR5 that in heterozygotous humans lowers the risk of contracting HIV to 30% (homozygotous people don't aquire HIV at all).

Somehow our variables got messed up. E$ was supposed to be the likelyhood of dying from HIV. The CCR5 mutation should have been accounted for already in B$.

Quote:

Combination therapy has made huge strides, but the outlook is still grim. Let's keep the mortality rate at 100% if this is not the case.

Summing it up:

If you screw around, your chance of contracting HIV is 7500[*] times lower than getting pregnant in the west. It is considerably worse in Africa, high-risk activities or if you have a taste for drug-injecting whores.

[*] Take it with a healthy dose of salt. Although I did not invent any numbers, I took the first plausible link.

Fair enough. Though you're links didn't help me much I think we're saying the same thing. Condoms reduce the risk but its important that we educate people on ways to further reduce their risk.
  • Reply 34 of 35
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    This thread is closed. Too many guidelines where broken.

I will tolerate that a new one, on the same subject will open saturday ( a cooling period is necessary) at the mere condition that it will not turn again this way.
  • Reply 35 of 35
    Quote:

Originally posted by murbot

Yes, BR is so deserving of a ban.

"Hello Kettle? This is the Pot. You're black."

I can't believe he actually PM'd me with his email telling me to contact him when I'm in Tampa so that he can brutally attack me to somehow demonstrate that Darwinism is incorrect. Maybe I should click my heels three times thus proving the sky is purple.