Old mac's never die.......

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
"Old mac's never die, they just keep on booting..."

Any other ideas for a bunch of potential bumper stickers that praise & tease the mind with regards to MAC.

Keep it civil & No F K G swearing.

8)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    how old is old?
  • Reply 2 of 13
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Kenneth

how old is old?

Hmmmm how about anything over 5 years old..or that can't handle OS-X.
  • Reply 3 of 13
    "My Performa beat up your honor roll Pentium"

• Reply 4 of 13
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    All those bumper "snickers" (search at lowendmac.com) at low end mac like humiliating Windows. For instance: Help Microsoft R&D... Invest in Apple stock!
  • Reply 5 of 13
    dmband0026dmband0026 Posts: 2,345member
    My old Apple still boots, thats right, Apple. This one: http://www.apple-history.com/frames/?

My Mac plus still runs, my LC still runs, my two Performa 6400s still run, and of course, my cube (which I'm on now), and my AGP G4 Tower. Every Mac that I have ever owned still boots. I need one of those bumper stickers.
  • Reply 6 of 13
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by DMBand0026

My old Apple still boots, thats right, Apple. This one: http://www.apple-history.com/frames/?

My Mac plus still runs, my LC still runs, my two Performa 6400s still run, and of course, my cube (which I'm on now), and my AGP G4 Tower. Every Mac that I have ever owned still boots. I need one of those bumper stickers.

Maybe Ai could get involved..along the lines of the Ai T-shirt idea...
  • Reply 7 of 13
    kennethkenneth Posts: 832member
    My Performa 6116CD runs fine on Mac OS 9.1
  • Reply 8 of 13
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    Get BOT! No this not an ad! Get Back On Topic!
  • Reply 9 of 13
    They don't die unless you try some third-party L2-cache slot-driven G3 upgrade card that fries the motherboard (our poor Performa 6400...RIP).
  • Reply 10 of 13
    Or until you blow up the Power supply in an effort to try to reconfigure the circuitry to pump out an extra amp at 5V. . . .

But give it a fresh supply and that baby still runs. . . TNT with G3 300, 1MB of L2 at 200, and a 66Mhz bus. . . an overclocked fiend.

circa 1995.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Here a censored one :

Mac users don't care to use old macs, they have the habit to use has-been technology
  • Reply 12 of 13
    ~
  • Reply 13 of 13
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Ernest eMac

I think that lost something in the translation \

Ok new try :

Mac users don't care to use old macs, they have the habit to use obsolete technology

Warning : it's a windoz's user sticker