iPod Ads In London

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I was walking down the stairs at Kings Cross station in London this morning, heading for the underground, and as I turned the corner, I saw an iPod ad. "Cool 8)", I thought. But then, when I got to the bottom of the escalators, there was another one!!! Hurrah!

Dave.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Abrey

I was walking down the stairs at Kings Cross station in London this morning, heading for the underground, and as I turned the corner, I saw an iPod ad. "Cool 8)", I thought. But then, when I got to the bottom of the escalators, there was another one!!! Hurrah!

Dave.

Angel, Highbury & Islingotn and Oxford Circus are all plastered with them. It helps to explain why Micro Anvika sold out of ipods so fast! Up the ipod revolution!
  • Reply 2 of 9
    Hurrah!

Can't wait to get an iPod of my own. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks...

I'l be passing through Angel on the way home, so I'll keep an eye out to see if there are any on the platforms .

Dave.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    just ordered one on the apple uk website.

over 2 weeks estimated ship time so i reckon they are struggling for stock!
  • Reply 4 of 9
    I got mine from Micro Anvika on Totty Court Road the day they got the 40Gb version in - they were flying off the shelves. If you are in London you could probably pick one up if you shop around.
  • Reply 5 of 9
    othelloothello Posts: 1,054member
    not in a great hurry as its an xmas pressie for my wife (its love -- i don't even have one myself!!)

as long as it arrives by xmas!
  • Reply 6 of 9
    Take a look at these iPod ads in New York: link
  • Reply 7 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Abrey

Dave.

Post some pictures!
  • Reply 8 of 9
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    Quote:

Originally posted by BlueRabbit

I think that's a little too subtle. I didn't even catch it the first time I looked at it.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    Quote:

Originally posted by BlueRabbit

Cool! But I don't know if the Great British Public would appreciate advertisements like that. I've become such a mac disciple that I can't put myself in the position of the ordinary (lay)man and tell whether he really knows anything about Apple. When I see white earbud headphones - even a white headphone lead - out and about in London, I immediately know iPod - naturally. But I doubt many others do. Ads like this one in NY could be met with complete incomprehension in the UK... "An i-whatie...?"