Hey John@Ars, Panther's out.. where's the review?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Anybody else impatient to see what John Siracusa, from Ars Technica's fame, has to say about Panther?

I had read here and there about how Panther might finally be the version of OS X that truly offers OS9-like spatial Finder functionality, but the following article got me really excited, claiming that the "Aqua mode" of the Finder really is an authentic rendering of the Spatial Finder of old:

http://macweekly.com/jones1.html

Sounds like John's finally being heard at Apple.. About time, I'd say!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    johnjohn Posts: 99member
    Patience...for the writer it is time to upgrade as well, hmmm?
  • Reply 2 of 8
    cygsidcygsid Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by John

Patience...for the writer it is time to upgrade as well, hmmm?

hu ho.. a response from the man himself: I am honoured.
  • Reply 3 of 8
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Hey buddy, relax. This is Ars we're talking about, not MacWorld.

Like a fine wine, a good Ars review must be aged appropriately. Right John?

• Reply 4 of 8
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    I'm surprised Ars is still in business... with all those ad-blocking Mac users and all.
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

Hey buddy, relax. This is Ars we're talking about, not MacWorld.

Like a fine wine, a good Ars review must be aged appropriately. Right John?

No worries, dude. I know that. Just wanted to highlight the extraordinary ability of John's classic reviews to put all other so-called OS X reviews to shame, by making them look oh so amateurish and fluffy in comparison. It's really too bad there aren't more writers of his caliber in the Mac web world.
  • Reply 6 of 8
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

I'm surprised Ars is still in business... with all those ad-blocking Mac users and all.

If you're referring to Safari's popup blocking feature, Ars has no qualm with that, only with blocking in-page advertisements. I don't think that many Mac users use those.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Anyone notice that Eugene has been in a particularly fiesty mood lately? I'm a little worried myself. At least he didn't refer to John as a "child".

• Reply 8 of 8
    ryaxnbryaxnb Posts: 583member
    iCan't wait to see what this guy I have a love/hate relationship says about Panther! I'm typing very slowly, got the cat on the other arm.