A Place to hide away from the Women

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
You know what I mean.

We males ( homo-urbanus ) need to have our own "caves" to hide away from the women folk who have effectively taken over what used to be our caves ....now called ..."display homes with BIG mortages "...

So most men..invariably end up claiming the garage or tool shed as " their " special male sanctuary. ( or at least they did in my generation )

Women are welcome so long as they bring the beers & chips in and then leave us to tinker with the radio, watch TV " work " on the computer or fool around with the car...

Are there any places like that in your life..or do you still dream of your own little " home away from home " that smells of grease & not perfume....

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    If you want to reappropriate your living room : just watch a good Sci-Fi movie. In general women hate this type of movie. Of course there is always exception ...
  • Reply 2 of 7
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Powerdoc

If you want to reappropriate your living room : just watch a good Sci-Fi movie. In general women hate this type of movie. Of course there is always exception ...

Your right on that score Powerdoc..My ( now ex ..sob..sob) was more of a Trekky than I am. ( she fell for a Vulcan...& me a Klingon Warrior & all ) .

Plus she adored Babylon 5 and virtually cried her eyes out when Farscape got the bullet...

But she was an extraordinary woman in any case, being a marine biologist ( deep sea diver certificated ) & concert calibre pianist.....oh and blonde..what a mermaid..but that is another story...

Ps I almost forgot..she used to make me tape all the Buffy episodes...because she claimed she didn't know how to operate a video machine......err I think it was her way of being kind to me..make me feel useful..etc
  • Reply 3 of 7
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

Your right on that score Powerdoc..My ( now ex ..sob..sob) was more of a Trekky than I am. ( she fell for a Vulcan...& me a Klingon Warrior & all ) .

Plus she adored Babylon 5 and virtually cried her eyes out when Farscape got the bullet...

But she was an extraordinary woman in any case, being a marine biologist ( deep sea diver certificated ) & concert calibre pianist.....oh and blonde..what a mermaid..but that is another story...

Ps I almost forgot..she used to make me tape all the Buffy episodes...because she claimed she didn't know how to operate a video machine......err I think it was her way of being kind to me..make me feel useful..etc

I hope that your new wife do not acess internet : klingon woman can be very rude ...
  • Reply 4 of 7
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I just hang around the bottom of a bottle of beer. That usually does the trick!
  • Reply 5 of 7
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    i let her have the shed and i took the house.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Quote:

Originally posted by alcimedes

i let her have the shed and i took the house.

Finally someone has it right!

I just head into my office with a beer and watch hockey. Works for me.