I'm sure I'm the only one in the universe having this PAnther problem...

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hello All,

I just installed Panther yesterday and I'm horrified. Everything seems fine except for the fact that my lower-case a doesn't work. Upper-case works, but no lower. This is not a joke. I tried running classic (which I'm using right now), and it works just fine. So it must be something to do with Panther. I'm getting all sorts of strange advice about what it could be, but nothing seems to be a workable solution. Again, this is really happening. You cAn see how ridiculous things look when you cAn't type lower-cAse A's.

Has this ever happened before? I have no clue what to do...

THANKS,

MATT

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    dfryerdfryer Posts: 140member
    I would suggest that someone is using mind-control on you (probably Microsoft, it's the kind of thing they would do).

You should seriously look into the construction of a suitable tin-foil hat.

Good thing the A didn't stick when you typed "having" in the topic. :P
  • Reply 2 of 6
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    You need to rethink how you type, it's simple. See this post of mine here? Not one of the letter you refer to. It's difficult, but not impossible to do.

Sorry, but I don't know how to solve your problem. But hell, it seems more and more useful the further I get into this post. Not one on those letters!

I like your ending sentence. Broken key, my butt.

• Reply 3 of 6
    alcimedesalcimedes Posts: 5,486member
    reinstall panther?
  • Reply 4 of 6
    Thanks for the stellar advice.

I think I just found the solution.

I actually found some people who know what this is...

http://www.macosx.com/forums/showthr...ard#post261906

Apparently it's the program "Synergy", an iTunes controller that's messing everything up. Probably this won't affect many people, but just in case...

Love,

Matt
  • Reply 5 of 6
    More testimonials and solutions...

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/17100

(info toward bottom of page)
  • Reply 6 of 6
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    You know, even if you did discover that you have a genuine bug with a clear, reasonable solution... you still never know when that tin-foil hat might come in handy.