What is this website?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
http://www.dugg.ca

My little sister asked me what it was. It doesn't seem to work in Safari.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 27
    ebbyebby Posts: 3,110member
    Freaky. But works in safari for me. (I think...)

Why don't you give it a try again?

>
  • Reply 2 of 27
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member
    So what's the magic word? (It works in Safari here)
  • Reply 3 of 27
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    no, not working for me. It asks me how old I am now....... I type it in, but doesnt' work. It does work for me in Explorer, though.
  • Reply 4 of 27
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    From the source:

<!-- URL's used in the movie-->

<!-- text used in the movie-->

<!--DO YOU KNOW WHY YOU ARE HERE?tts

speech_holder

>-->
  • Reply 6 of 27
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
  • Reply 7 of 27
    baumanbauman Posts: 1,248member

Wow. That's really disturbing... Just one more reason not to eat at McD's I guess.
  • Reply 8 of 27
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Has it occurred to any of you fast food baiter/haters that Mr. McDonald has yet to be seen with a gun to anyone's head, forcing them to shove ANYTHING down their throat?

People could easily opt to *gasp* not eat at these kinds of places. Like smoking, the stats and studies are out there showing that a regular diet of this crap can't possibly be good for you.

If you can't resist some stupid clown's colorful come-on, that's a weakness/shortcoming on your end, I'm afraid.

And that's about as close to an AppleOutsider response as you're going to get from me about this.

Good day.

• Reply 9 of 27
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Hell, most of the students at the U of M here wouldn't eat at McDonald's for any number of reasons - either they're vegetarians, or they're against large corporations, or maybe they're just on a diet or poor and can't afford to eat . I don't see how creeping them out with an f'ed up chat bot is going to get them any extra sales.

I can see why they claim to be doing poorly among teens. Little kids are susceptible to all the silly marketing gimmicks they run during the morning cartoons, and adults have already fallen into the habit of eating there and don't mind the abysmal food quality. Well, many adults DO mind the abysmal food quality, but the fact that McDonald's is as successful as it is shows just how many don't mind the crap they pass off as food.

Anyway. F*ck McDonald's. They're dumb, and I hate their food, their stores, and the company in general.
  • Reply 10 of 27
    so we've come to a generation that thinks mcdonalds is evil and starbucks is cool?
  • Reply 11 of 27
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by superkarate monkeydeathcar

so we've come to a generation that thinks mcdonalds is evil and starbucks is cool?

Starbucks is also evil...and their logo is scary as hell.

• Reply 12 of 27
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    No less than THREE pentagrams on the Starbucks logo... I guess it appeals to the Pagans who go there!

Well, that's also a modified one. I thought the eyes looked weird. Here's the actual logo (it has a smiling face not that weird one):

Still has the pentagrams though.

EDIT: Oh I get it now! It's looking at the world and holding the hands over it, and dominating the world... heh. I'm slow.
  • Reply 13 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by 709

Starbucks is also evil...and their logo is scary as hell.

what makes apple a different corporation, than a starbucks or a mcdonalds?

i'm really curious about what distinctions a corporation must have to make it cool with young people?
  • Reply 14 of 27
    Quote:

i'm really curious about what distinctions a corporation must have to make it cool with young people?

None at all. The young market is HUGE so all corporations spend millions to attract them in anyway (credit cards come to mind...cell phones...even some alcohol brands). Apple's commercials for iTunes/iPod attest to this. So most (if not all) corporations use their marketing "skills" to lure the youth of today to their products...that market is a bottomless pit of profit and a long-lasting one at that.

As for Starbucks...in Philly they are popping up everywhere. One was just opened on the corner of Broad and Pine. Just a block up from the Last Drop Cafe...a popular independently owned coffee shop that attracts mostly young students around the area. Since the opening the Starbucks cafe has been vandalized and some students who frequent the Last Drop walk by the windows and give the Starbucks customers the finger...ah, youth...they can turn against you so quickly.

I agree with pscates...if you can't resist all the corporate clowns vying for your hard earned money for the lousy, overpriced shit and lousy service most offer...then keep walking...over the cliff.

• Reply 15 of 27
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Artman @_@

As for Starbucks...in Philly they are popping up everywhere. One was just opened on the corner of Broad and Pine. Just a block up from the Last Drop Cafe...a popular independently owned coffee shop that attracts mostly young students around the area. Since the opening the Starbucks cafe has been vandalized and some students who frequent the Last Drop walk by the windows and give the Starbucks customers the finger...ah, youth...they can turn against you so quickly.

Yeah, Starbucks has finally dared to move into town here, and I expect a similar (if more civil - this is Iowa, after all) reaction from patrons of the Java House and the Terrapin and the Cottage.

At least the local stores serve coffee instead of warmed-over battery acid.
  • Reply 16 of 27
    defiantdefiant Posts: 4,876member
    In the end, it says:

"i'm lovin it. All you have to do is say the magic word."

You have three chances. \
  • Reply 17 of 27
    Quote:

I'm not seeing much distinction between Starbucks moving into town, forcing a small coffee shop to work harder, or Apple forcing independent dealers to adhere to new sales quotas or risk losing their status as 'Apple dealers' while having to compete against store.apple.com and the b&m Apple locations.

There used to be a lot of small coffee houses that served Starbucks coffee. Obviously, Starbucks make more money by providing the entire experience.

People just like to whine.
  • Reply 18 of 27
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Or put another way, some people just like to "rally against The Man" at any chance.

• Reply 19 of 27
    Quote:

Originally posted by pscates

Or put another way, some people just like to "rally against The Man" at any chance.

No doubt they're drinking their fair-trade coffee, posting on AI from their iBooks they bought at the Apple edu store (which thoughtlessly harmed an independent Apple retailer).
  • Reply 20 of 27
    yeah, i don't think that kids today are very discriminating over the things they protest, they're protesting just to protest, they get interviewed and i'd say 90% don't have a clue. it appears to me they are just trying to get laid.

look at luca's comments about mcdonalds and starbucks, it kind of speaks for itself. i think in both cases (mcdonalds and starbucks) their success is due to their innovation and high quality standards, just like (ahem) apple.

i don't eat at mcdonalds very often, but my children go once a week and occasionally i'll get a cheeseburger for the ride home, and when i take the first bite and you get that little snap of the pickle and feel the whole flavor in your mouth, it is exactly, the same experience that i had forty years ago when i had my first mcdonalds cheeseburger. i mean it gives me a complete memory flashback.