Woohoo. I´m famous.

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Or rather said someone showed a one second clip from the 70s of the bridge right next to my home on national american TV!!!

Please allow me to be childlike delighted.

Its South park, the episode where the boys discover that the earth is one huge reality show. When the plan is revealed the aliens want to demolise earth and a destruction crew is called in. Right after panic on a bridge is seen AND THATS MY BRIDGE.

I was pretty surprised when I saw that.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    You live under a bridge? ...
  • Reply 2 of 17
    aquafireaquafire Posts: 2,758member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

Trolls live under bridges...

Anders ( alias Ander's the White ) lives in Middle Earth...somewhere near Hobbington...
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Eugene

... in South Park? .
  • Reply 4 of 17
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Hehe, anyone still remember "Lola runs"?

The street where I live, and even my car appears in one or two takes
  • Reply 5 of 17
    akumulatorakumulator Posts: 1,111member
    I guess I'm famous too.... there's an episode of Cops in Atlanta where there's a speed trap at an intersection that I could see from my front yard. Well, a car ran the stop and a chase pursued...... it was great. Since then I've moved... partly due to crime. My girlfriend and I eyewitnessed a mugging and a car getting stolen directly across the street from our house.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Hmmm...ever looked through old photographs that you have taken on your travels; and unbeknown to you there is someone famous in one of the shots. but you didn't know it at the time ?

Then years later, you pull the shots from out of the attic to show a future girlfriend and she points out that the guy picking flowers or driving a taxi in one of your London shots is someone like Hugh Grant before he was famous...etc...
  • Reply 7 of 17
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire

Hmmm...ever looked through old photographs that you have taken on your travels; and unbeknown to you there is someone famous in one of the shots. but you didn't know it at the time ?....

Can't say that's ever happened to me. \
  • Reply 8 of 17
    lucaluca Posts: 3,833member
    Time to be a nitpicky little bitch:

Quote:

Originally posted by Aquafire:

somewhere near Hobbington

It's Hobbiton, child.

Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle:

Hehe, anyone still remember "Lola runs"?

It's "Run Lola Run." And yes, I do remember it, child. In fact, I own it.

• Reply 9 of 17
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Luca Rescigno

It's "Run Lola Run."

Well, actually, it's "Lola Rennt", which translates more literally into "Lola Runs", but you are free to your own convictions, of course.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by der Kopf

Well, actually, it's "Lola Rennt", which translates more literally into "Lola Runs", but you are free to your own convictions, of course.

Damn! And I was so sure of myself too.

Well, I guess "Run Lola Run" sounds more interesting in English than "Lola Runs," but not everyone speaks English and it's not an American film. I just don't think I'm cut out for condescending, nitpicking behavior unless it relates to computers (where I've memorized so many figures and statistics it scares me).
  • Reply 11 of 17
    der kopfder kopf Posts: 2,275member
    Quote:

I just don't think I'm cut out for condescending, nitpicking behavior unless it relates to computers (where I've memorized so many figures and statistics it scares me).

Though even then it is still, basically, condescending nitpicking behaviour which, for many people (excepting those who thrive on debasing human contact), violates the golden rule.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Yeah. I know. I was joking.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    thuh freakthuh freak Posts: 2,664member
    my neighborhood ("apartment complex") has been visible in a number of t.v. episodes and one or two movies. There's a brief shot in "Rounders" where its visible. A couple of pans and wide shots in shows like NYPD blue and L&O (the original) have shown my area. And, while I don't live in Union Sqr, I consider it part of my general neighborhood, and that's been shown any number of times in flicks and shows. Whenever there's a flick or show that actually shows my building or one of the buildings next to mine, everyone I know always makes a big fuss about it. "Wow, how cool is that?!" "Hey, look, that's our building!" "I went to school in that building!" "I know that guy, and he's walking on this street!" It's cool for a cheap thrill.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Last year I was in downtown Oakland (CA) conducting some business and discovered that about half the downtown area was off-limits for a film shoot. I asked the Production Assistant guy what the movie was and he said he wasn't allowed to say. Right then a black Escalade pulls up and Laurence Fishburn, in floor length leather coat and little black shades steps out....

I spent the afternoon watching them shoot the scene right after they pull out of the parking garage where the dreadlock albino twins are standing up through the sunroof of their Escalade firing automatic weapons at the fleeing Trinity and the keymaker.

They also built the giant freeway set on the former Alameda Naval Air Station land that juts into the SF Bay. I take a ferry to work that goes right past that, and for some months everyone was trying to figure out why the hell they were building a freeway that went from nowhere to nowhere!
  • Reply 15 of 17
    smirclesmircle Posts: 1,035member
    Quote:

Damn! And I was so sure of myself too.

Serves you right

Quote:

Well, I guess "Run Lola Run" sounds more interesting in English than "Lola Runs," but not everyone speaks English and it's not an American film.

Actually it was my bad translation, I never looked for the english title of the movie.

Since you know the movie, my street is the one where the ambulance car crashes through the big glass pane carried by two guys. If you look closely, you can see a white japanese offroader standing at the curb in the background. That was mine

Years later, I happened to meet Franka Potentes brother, but he never introduced me to his sister... \
  • Reply 16 of 17
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Smircle

Years later, I happened to meet Franka Potentes brother, but he never introduced me to his sister... \

Bummer. Franka is my ideal.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:

Time to be a nitpicky little bitch:

..............child"

Calling me a " child eh Luca?

You know what they say...

" It takes one to know one..."

you B I M B O 8)