Keyspan remote uses bluetooth?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I've searched, but not found the answer (and the Keyspan site was no help). Does the Keyspan remote use bluetooth? I know it has a plugin for the USB port. Does it require LOS? A visiting scientist had one this week and it was pretty nice for seminars.

If it isn't BT, is there another product that does use BT (and isn't a phone, or phone-based)?

Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    ragexragex Posts: 126member
    I just bought the keyspan remote Thursday, it uses RF, not bluetooth. Hope that helps.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    machemmachem Posts: 319member
    Quote:

Originally posted by RageX

I just bought the keyspan remote Thursday, it uses RF, not bluetooth. Hope that helps.

Yeah, it does, but dangit, I want a BT remote. Not a phone. Anyone else?
  • Reply 3 of 7
    I've never seen a BT remote like the one you want, only RF. If there isn't one, expect to see it soon, BT is the future.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    wjmoorewjmoore Posts: 210member
    Quote:

Originally posted by machem

Yeah, it does, but dangit, I want a BT remote. Not a phone. Anyone else?

What's your reason for wanting a bluetooth remote? Is it so that you don't need another dongle and can use your existing Bluetooth adaptor?
  • Reply 5 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by WJMoore

What's your reason for wanting a bluetooth remote? Is it so that you don't need another dongle and can use your existing Bluetooth adaptor?

I'd like one for just those reasons. And that line of sight isn't necessary. BT seems like it would be an ideal choice for a remote. Why isn't there one already?
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by pensieve

Why isn't there one already?

Off-the-shelp RF based (non-BT, non-IR) remotes are many times cheaper than a Bluetooth version would be. Furthermore Bluetooth requires a constant connection, which is a constant drain on the power source. RF remotes only draw power when a button is pressed.
  • Reply 7 of 7
    Quote:

Originally posted by RageX

Which Keyspan remote is RF? I can only find an IR one.