iPod commercial

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just saw my first iPod commercial . . . the one with silloettes and dancing and psuedo-iggy Pop rave up music

. . . you know what . . . it sucked!!!!

The music was terrible and the whole commercial seemed like it was trying desperately to come close to being as hip as the Target commercials from 2 years ago . . .

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Moving to Digital Hub.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    "hey mama" by the black eyed peas is the song

I happened to like that song, I'm not a big fan of black eyed peas, but that one is pretty good.

Many of the dance moves in the ad are really cool too. Especially in the full version of the ad you can get online at apple.com

and there is ample booty shaking

what's not to like

though that style of advertising won't appeal to everyone, the ad has it's merits. It tells people that it's available for windows, and tells you were to go. that's more information than apple usually gives
  • Reply 3 of 5
    709709 Posts: 2,016member
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

"hey mama" by the black eyed peas is the song

No, I think he's talking about the one with Jet's "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" track. The BEP's track is much less annoying IMO, but I'm not really a great fan of either (the bands or the ads).
  • Reply 4 of 5
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    But they're not trying to grab YOUR attention, are they?
  • Reply 5 of 5
    cubedudecubedude Posts: 1,556member
    I saw on TV. I thought it was OK, but the people around me thought it obnoxious(this is the Jets ad). These are people who grew up with The Beatles and Roy Orbinson. Apple should make an ad with classic rock. That would appeal to that generation.