Applications broken by Panther

12346»

Comments

• Reply 101 of 110
    Quote:

Originally posted by Spiffster

I'm having troubles too with Logitech drivers. My MX 700 can't use any of its extra buttons. I tried installing the LCC stuff again, but the installer hangs before it can install anything.

That's odd, because I didn't have any trouble installing LCC on my computer. All my buttons work fine, both on the keyboard and mouse (I've got the mx duo).
  • Reply 102 of 110
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    Sorenson released the Sorenson Pro 3.3 codec update today. I can export movie file with Sorenson 3 and Cleaner again 8)
  • Reply 103 of 110
    Anyone know if Code Warrior works????
  • Reply 104 of 110
    Thanks to Art and Apple Developer support Phatmatik Pro 1.2.1 now opens old songs in Logic without crashing- that's a big whoo-hoo to those that care.
  • Reply 105 of 110
    shetlineshetline Posts: 4,695member
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

Anyone know if Code Warrior works????

CodeWarrior 8 works just fine for me. I haven't upgraded to CW 9 yet (and might not -- I'll experiment with moving my projects to XTools first before deciding), so I can't tell you anything there.
  • Reply 106 of 110
    Quote:

Originally posted by TigerWoods99

Im concerned about any problems M-Audio Revolution owners are experiencing...does the 1.2.7 driver update work fine with Panther? Also a few audio apps:

-Cubase SX 2.0

-Reason 2.5

-pHATmatik Pro

-Absynth 2

-FM7

maybe Logic 6 since I may be getting that soon

Also stuff like VLC, BBEdit, Code Warrior ....

(sorry if this is excitedly, prematurely posted but) on a Rev.A PB12" 640MB RAM, 10.3 with latest (10/5/03) updates, Cubase SX 1.052 is fine, and Reason 2.5 is fine. i haven't tested Absynth 2 nor do i have phatmatik (sounds like a cool app) or the FM7.
  • Reply 107 of 110
    Quote:

Originally posted by pensieve

SPSS has a way of screwing Mac users. ... Screw 'em.

Ok, Do you have any recomendations for good stat software with decent graphing capabilites for someone who is still pining for StatView?

Sorry for the tangential nature of this post to the topic at hand.
  • Reply 108 of 110
    Quote:

Originally posted by pensieve

I don't find it hard to believe at all. SPSS has a way of screwing Mac users. 4 years between 6 and 10, then 10 doesn't run in OS X which was released shortly afterwards? Laughable. Then 11 isn't supported in Panther and they have no plans to support it? That's bullshit and I'm not feeling guilty in the least for not buying it. I bought 10 and it worked for all of 2 months. Screw 'em.

bondgirl, I'd recommend deleting your preferences and doing a search for all "SPSS" on your computer and deleting those too (as long as they're not your own data files that you labeled with SPSS or something).

Funny, I got version 11.0.2 off a friend (I had 11.0) and installed that using my serials, now everything works fine - better than fine - faster and no errors at all! Strange, but I am not knocking it...
  • Reply 109 of 110
    Quote:

Originally posted by Carson O'Genic

Ok, Do you have any recomendations for good stat software with decent graphing capabilites for someone who is still pining for StatView?

Sorry for the tangential nature of this post to the topic at hand.

R. It's got very good graphics capabilities, extensive expandability and it's free. It's also got feature parity with other OS versions and the mac community using it is getting bigger all the time. Admittedly, it's a more difficult program to use but I think it's the way I'm going. I'll keep SPSS around for the time I need to open up an old data file but I'm using R now.

N.B. I've never used StatView, so I don't know what that's like.
  • Reply 110 of 110
    Quote:

Originally posted by Leonis

However some very old Classic apps don't seem to work.....SoundEdit 16 and QuarkXpress 3.3 keep getting "Program Error"

i'm occasionaly using " word 2001" in the classic environment under X10.2. works fine, good enough for my purposes, anyway.

Does it work under Panther? Plain and painfull answers appreciated;-)

best