Who is still waiting for his dual G5 ?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by RyanG5

Update on my order:

On October 3rd I ordered a Dual 2 Gig with Radeon 9800 Pro, 250 HD, BT, AE. Said it was to ship on or before Oct 17th, got an email yesterday (17th) saying it was bumped to on or before Oct. 29th.

Finally shipped, should get it Nov. 1st!!
  • Reply 42 of 48
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    Quote:

Originally posted by jeromba

Powerdoc... here in Belgium - I've ordered on June 26.

My first Dual G5 was sent to me on october 8 and DOA on october 15, because of too much noise.

This config was : 9800 + Bluetooth + 250 Gb HD + 1 GB RAM

I have received my SECOND Dual (same config of course) 2 days ago ! -> October 27 !

Bizarre ton histoire...

Perhaps, but i am still without dual.

Jeromba : mon detaillant Ã* commander cette machine par l'intermédiaire d'un grossiste : toujours rien. Il a commandé Ã* un autre grossiste pas mieux.

Il appellent régulierement Apple : pas d'info serieuse de leur part.

J'avoue que ça commence serieusement Ã* m'enerver.
  • Reply 43 of 48
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    [no diacriticals, alas: I'm on Windows]

Il m'etonne qu'Apple peut rater un pays entier.

Bonne chance, Powerdoc.

If it's any consolation, I waited 9 months for my PowerMac 8600 back in '97.
  • Reply 44 of 48
    Quote:

Originally posted by Amorph

[no diacriticals, alas: I'm on Windows]

Il m'etonne qu'Apple peut rater un pays entier.

Bonne chance, Powerdoc.

If it's any consolation, I waited 9 months for my PowerMac 8600 back in '97.

Merci, j'espere que j'aurais plus de chance.

Thanks i expect that i'll be more lucky
  • Reply 45 of 48
    Update :

I have receveid my dual G5 today

But no panher inside ...

Anyway that's ok for me, i will upgrade for panther later, and i'll try it first on macs outside of my office.
  • Reply 46 of 48
    ~
  • Reply 47 of 48
    messiahmessiah Posts: 1,689member
    I spoke to an Apple dealer that I know recently.

Yeah, yeah, I know.

He informed me that resellers in the UK can only order machines as they are 'released'. Apparently Apple releases machines to the resllers in batches, and the resellers can only order from the upcoming batch, or from machines left over from the previous batch. It's not simply a case of phoning up Apple and standing in line.

So if you're in the UK there's a good chance you'll be able to get a 1.6 or a 1.8 immediately, but you'll have to wait for the next batch of dual 2.0 to be released (12.11.2003). You're also at the mercy of how determined your dealer is to get hold of a machine for you - because they have to be Johnny On The Ball to secure stocks.

I guess this allows Apple to install OS updates, speed bumps, and minor revisions etc. in a controlled fashion. It'll also explain why supplies of certain models simply dry up from time to time.
  • Reply 48 of 48
    This is why I would always buy it at a Store.