Berkeley = $UX ? ;)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014

8)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 25
    I've always thought that Berkeley sucked, but not exactly for these reasons. It is more because everyone I've actually met from berkeley is a douchebag.
  • Reply 2 of 25
    buonrottobuonrotto Posts: 6,368member
    I told applenut he should attend USC!
  • Reply 3 of 25
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    Wow, The UVA Cavalier Daily is dissing Berkeley?!
  • Reply 4 of 25
    Hahahahhahahahhaaaaaaaa
  • Reply 5 of 25
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

8)

if you believe that then you are going to the right (2nd rate) school.

god, im sure virginia is a ton of fun.
  • Reply 6 of 25
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    Berkeley is super awesome

a great education to be had at Berleley . . . and great bookstores nearby as well
  • Reply 7 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by pfflam

Berkeley is super awesome

a great education to be had at Berleley . . . and great bookstores nearby as well

word son.

good food too. unfortunately I am on a budget, cant afford to eat out too often at all....and the dorm food well.....is dorm food.

But our Halloween party kicks ur halloween parties ass! :P

And our crew team will eat yours alive :P
  • Reply 8 of 25
    Quote:

. . . and great bookstores nearby as well

Moe's and Cody's forever!
  • Reply 9 of 25
    i miss it...
  • Reply 10 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by applenut

word son.

good food too. unfortunately I am on a budget, cant afford to eat out too often at all....and the dorm food well.....is dorm food.

But our Halloween party kicks ur halloween parties ass! :P

Not our Halloween party though (one of the few joys of UCSB offcampus living)

And what do you mean you can't afford to eat out? A Top Dog and a soda is like $3.50. And you most definitely can't go wrong with a Top Dog and a soda.
  • Reply 11 of 25
    give me in 'n out and round table pizza and i'm happy... 8)

damn i'm so tired of texas...
  • Reply 12 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by BuonRotto

I told applenut he should attend USC!

USC = University of Spoiled Children

• Reply 13 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by Dale Sorel

that may be. but at least they have perfect weather. you can make the same argument for pepperdine on the beach.
  • Reply 14 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by agent302

And what do you mean you can't afford to eat out? A Top Dog and a soda is like $3.50. And you most definitely can't go wrong with a Top Dog and a soda.

Oh man, Top Dog. A Cooked Bratwurst with tons of sauerkraut, a Linguica and an RC Cola...yum. It's too bad they lost their old Linguica and "New York" suppliers. The new Linguica sucks ass.

Plus, the guys that work there are superhuman. They can memorize dozens of orders at a time and they'll total your order within split second. Talkative bunch too.

And of course if you're willing to hike a bit and splurge on a meal, there's always Zachary's.
  • Reply 15 of 25
    pfflampfflam Posts: 5,053member
    BONGO BURGER!!!
  • Reply 16 of 25
    Quote:

BONGO BURGER!!!

Ugh, I can't stomach Bongo Burger or La Val's "Pizza."

I.B. Hoagies!

Kinda sucks that Wall Berlin is gone. I loved passing by the freaks there. I imagine if the people behind the counter actually served you coffee instead of ignoring you they'd still be there.
  • Reply 17 of 25
    The amazing thing about Berkeley is the quality of the research. 35 out of the 36 departments there are ranked in the top ten.

I went there as an undergrad (from out of state) and then went to UNC as a grad student, and the difference was profound. There was no comparison in the quality of the students are the toughness of the classes. UNC for grad school was great, but I don't think the undergrad educations compare.
  • Reply 18 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by agent302

true, a ton of my friends went down to SB for Halloween, I would have but I had practice Friday afternoon and Saturday morning \ Had to settle for Castro and the Bowles Halloween party

3.50 adds up man.

hell, i have spent like 100 bucks in Jamba Juice already.

Quote:

Hey, USC would have been cheaper than Cal for me But I chose Cal...... working out pretty well. Right now I'm missing the SoCal sun and warmth....been rainy and brisk here for a week.

Quote:

The amazing thing about Berkeley is the quality of the research. 35 out of the 36 departments there are ranked in the top ten.

seriously, for my civil engineering seminar some of the professors have just done some insanely cool shit recently. and for architecture class its the same. very cool.
  • Reply 19 of 25
    This thread is going way off.

You're supposed to diss Berkeley!

Admin, please delete the irrelevant posts.

Steve.
  • Reply 20 of 25
    Quote:

Originally posted by stevegongrui

This thread is going way off.

You're supposed to diss Berkeley!

Admin, please delete the irrelevant posts.

Steve.

how can i diss a university that kicks the crap out of the university that i currently am enrolled in?