Powerbook+ iPod= $70 iPod?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just heard of a deal at the apple retail stores where you can get a coupon to get an iPod for $70 at an apple retail store, with the purchase of a new laptop.

I have had it *confirmed* by one person, but I have not heard of it otherwise.

anyone care to fill me in? sounds like a really bitchin deal if it's true, but it almost sounds too good to be true.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    The only promotions right now are:

A must have for Mac users - .Mac promo

"Winning presentation" Keynote Promo
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:

Originally posted by Wrong Robot

I just heard of a deal at the apple retail stores where you can get a coupon to get an iPod for $70 at an apple retail store, with the purchase of a new laptop.

I have had it *confirmed* by one person, but I have not heard of it otherwise.

anyone care to fill me in? sounds like a really bitchin deal if it's true, but it almost sounds too good to be true.

There was a promotion like that. This was the way it worked:

Buy a laptop and an iPod, get 200 bucks back. This offer was for Edu. people only, so the cheapest ipod is 270 Edu price. This makes 70 bucks for a 10gb ipod (with the purchase of a laptop).

BUT!

--THE PROMOTION IS OVER--

Sorry!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    gabidgabid Posts: 477member
    Quote:

Originally posted by drumbug1

There was a promotion like that. This was the way it worked:

Buy a laptop and an iPod, get 200 bucks back. This offer was for Edu. people only, so the cheapest ipod is 270 Edu price. This makes 70 bucks for a 10gb ipod (with the purchase of a laptop).

BUT!

--THE PROMOTION IS OVER--

Sorry!

That was a pretty sweet deal. A bit better than the "free engraving on an iPod" deal they have going on right now in the US and Canada (at least) .

Mind you, I keep on wondering if they will come out with some kind of Christmas. Maybe they'll start another iPod promo. Who knows.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    I did that. Have the cheque from Apple for £180 right here, waiting to be cashed.

They didn't care about bending the rules a bit either - my laptop was ordered with my dad's name and delivered to my home address. The rebate cheque, however, came addressed to me and to my university address

Amorya