Guns drawn, High School Drug Raid

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Link

This is ridiculous. This could've been handled so much better. If I were a parent of a student at that school I'd sue. The cops in that town would learn what fear really is, an angry mob of parents with a class action suit.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    bungebunge Posts: 7,329member
    I heard it described as a "Shock & Awe" tactic. Come in guns ablazing to scare everyone. Great idea...morons.

If you've got someone on camera selling drugs, go search them.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    I would have stood up.
  • Reply 3 of 17
    groveratgroverat Posts: 10,872member
    No you wouldn't have, internet tough guy.

Those cops are ing idiots. Chief of police and school superintendent should be fired.

I would be extremely angry were I a parent.
  • Reply 4 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by ShawnJ

I would have stood up.

I would have been right behind you!

• Reply 5 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

I'd suggest a mix of half coke, half diet coke so you don't get too much sugar when you're that angry.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:

Originally posted by groverat

No you wouldn't have, internet tough guy.

Those cops are ing idiots. Chief of police and school superintendent should be fired.

It's the sentiment that counts! Two or three years ago, when I was in high school, the police periodically conducted searches of lockers. The thing is, it was a lot more organized in Pennsylvania than in South Carolina. Our local police had the good sense to conduct searches with classes already in session. Granted, we were more or less confined to our room, but no one really thought much of it. I think if students were in the halls and were forced to get down on their knees by policemen with drawn guns...
  • Reply 7 of 17
    They probably model themselves on the cops from the simpsons
  • Reply 8 of 17
    brbr Posts: 8,395member
    Legalize drugs and you won't have to deal with street dealers.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Legalize drugs and you won't have to deal with street dealers.

Unfortunately we'll still have to deal with idiot cops.

Legalize it. Don't criticize it.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Unfortunately we'll still have to deal with idiot cops.

Legalize it. Don't criticize it.

Well if the unions weren't out of control we could weed out the crappy cops, teachers, longshoremen, et cetera very quickly.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Well if the unions weren't out of control we could weed out the crappy cops, teachers, longshoremen, et cetera very quickly.

Well if management weren't out of control we wouldn't need unions.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    liquidrliquidr Posts: 884member
    IMO this was poor strategy on the part of the police. If there was a little 15/16 yo in there packing, he could've flipped and strated firing. I doubt the cops would've been able to secure all 100 or so bystanders in the hall. Dead bodies, some from police bullets, some from little adolescent wannabe thugs.

The proper way would've been to identify the students on the cameras, to pull them descretely out of class. Then search them, their lockers and cars.
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by bunge

Well if management weren't out of control we wouldn't need unions.

Look at the supermarket strike in my neck of the woods. Here management is NOT out of control. The union is.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    I happened upon an interview with one of the jarhead incestual byproducts parading as a South Carolina cop. He seemed amused when he reported to the interviewer in regards to their treatment of middle class 12-14 year olds. He stated that the kids should not have been alarmed by the guns because they pointed down, not at the chest or face. Except in the cases of the kids who refused to lie prone on the floor, who did have guns pointed at their heads and who were handcuffed and shackled. He also made some barely comprehensible statement in regards to instilling a respect of authority in youth.

I am scarred, is this America. That is not my America, not a place where innocent children are treated like violent criminals in the effort to search for marijuana. None was found by the way. An incident like that could cause a lifetime of suffering due to Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. That raid was entirely uncalled for and everyone involved should be justly tarred and feathered.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    The only thing dumber than what the cops did, is the idea that you can fix the problem by suing them. Getting someone fired does not require a law suit generally speaking, and the objective should be to get the people behind this idea canned and banned (from taking the same job somewhere else).

• Reply 16 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by Moogs

The only thing dumber than what the cops did, is the idea that you can fix the problem by suing them. Getting someone fired does not require a law suit generally speaking, and the objective should be to get the people behind this idea canned and banned (from taking the same job somewhere else).

The objective now should be to leverage this incident to hasten the demise of the failed war on drugs. Imagine how balanced our budget and how much lower our taxes could be if prisons didn't have to keep prisoners held only on drug charges, the DEA is all but disbanded, the FBI refocuses their work on protecting America from the REAL threats, and the courts are no longer tied up with drug related cases.

Probably will never happen though. People in this country are too dumb and nosy to ever allow people the right to ingest whatever they want as long as they don't go out and hurt others.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:

Originally posted by BR

Look at the supermarket strike in my neck of the woods. Here management is NOT out of control. The union is.

That might be true. Of course, I don't know where your neck of the woods happens to be.

The USPS is a great example of failed management.